Looking for an upgrade for my 3700x

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
4 minutes ago, ThyFeared said:

Appreciate the list, I'll most likely end up with this. Any recommendations on a beefier CPU cooler? I live somewhere relatively warm 10 months out of the year so looking for something that'll help with that.

The 7800X3D is actually a very easy CPU to cool and the Peerless Assassin 120SE will do that very well.

It has 120w tdp with my 7700x at 105w tdp and I cool it with my NH-D15 with a constant fan speed at 30% as I like silence, temps are very very good during gaming 馃檪

As an aircooling enthusiast due to its simplicity and reliability, I can also recommend the Noctua NH-D15, Deepcool ASSASSIN IV ( prettiest Aircooler?? ) And the be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4.
The Peerless Assassin actually outperforms the NH-D15. Its insane, best 'budget' cooler with absolute Top Tier cooling performance.

Long video, worth a watch.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my 3700x but I haven't kept up a ton like I used to with tech. I don't mind also going intel if performance ends up being better. Specs are currently 1440p monitors and I'm running a 4090 with 32GB's of RAM. I'm currently taking suggestions. I'm not looking to really break the bank a ton but I don't mind spending a bit to get upgrades. I'm assuming I'll need new Mobo/RAM as well when I upgrade so recommendations for those would be great 馃檪

17 minutes ago, ThyFeared said:

I'm currently looking to upgrade my 3700x but I haven't kept up a ton like I used to with tech. I don't mind also going intel if performance ends up being better. Specs are currently 1440p monitors and I'm running a 4090 with 32GB's of RAM. I'm currently taking suggestions. I'm not looking to really break the bank a ton but I don't mind spending a bit to get upgrades. I'm assuming I'll need new Mobo/RAM as well when I upgrade so recommendations for those would be great 馃檪

The best bang for buck would be a 5800X3D.聽 But a platform change would be the best performance wise ( The 5800X3D is a beast though!, very close to the latest and greatest )
Give us a budget to work with.
Do you live near a microcenter?

6 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

The best bang for buck would be a 5800X3D.聽 But a platform change would be the best performance wise ( The 5800X3D is a beast though!, very close to the latest and greatest )
Give us a budget to work with.
Do you live near a microcenter?

I don't live near a microcenter unfortunately. Currently looking to get a part or two at a time but I'd rather not break $1k. Would be looking for a platform change since I wanna not upgrade for a while after I do this upgrade.

I don't live near a microcenter unfortunately. Currently looking to get a part or two at a time but I'd rather not break $1k. Would be looking for a platform change since I wanna not upgrade for a while after I do this upgrade.

AMD: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ws7nQP
CPU cooler placeholder price.

Best gaming CPU on the market. Good reliable motherboard with great reviews. 32GB 6000mhz cl36 RAM ( Get the EXPO version for AMD )

This is what I would pick within your budget for the RTX 4090, you will get maximum performance out of it with this setup.
I bought the 7700x on release with plans to upgrade to the 8800X3D when released next year /2025.

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

AMD: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ws7nQP
CPU cooler placeholder price.

Best gaming CPU on the market. Good reliable motherboard with great reviews. 32GB 6000mhz cl36 RAM ( Get the EXPO version for AMD )

This is what I would pick within your budget for the RTX 4090, you will get maximum performance out of it with this setup.
I bought the 7700x on release with plans to upgrade to the 8800X3D when released next year /2025.

Appreciate the list, I'll most likely end up with this. Any recommendations on a beefier CPU cooler? I live somewhere relatively warm 10 months out of the year so looking for something that'll help with that.

The 7800X3D is actually a very easy CPU to cool and the Peerless Assassin 120SE will do that very well.

It has 120w tdp with my 7700x at 105w tdp and I cool it with my NH-D15 with a constant fan speed at 30% as I like silence, temps are very very good during gaming 馃檪

As an aircooling enthusiast due to its simplicity and reliability, I can also recommend the Noctua NH-D15, Deepcool ASSASSIN IV ( prettiest Aircooler?? ) And the be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4.
The Peerless Assassin actually outperforms the NH-D15. Its insane, best 'budget' cooler with absolute Top Tier cooling performance.

Long video, worth a watch.

14 minutes ago, ThyFeared said:

I swapped out a thermaltake peerless assassin with a noctua nh-d15s with a 5800x and there wasn't any difference in temperature but the noctua was quieter.

2 minutes ago, pf100 said:

I swapped out a thermaltake peerless assassin with a noctua nh-d15s with a 5800x and there wasn't any difference in temperature but the noctua was quieter.

Exactly.聽 The NH-D15 is amazing when it comes to noise levels.
Did you get the black NH-D15 or the brown one?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 7:18 PM, Hinjima said:

Exactly.聽 The NH-D15 is amazing when it comes to noise levels.
Did you get the black NH-D15 or the brown one?

When I bought mine after the start of the gpu apocalypse in january 2021 I wanted a black one but they were out of stock everywhere so I could only get the brown one.

Thermalright FC140 and PS120SE are better than the PA120(SE) with higher powered parts, like dual CCD chips.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14