Which headphones should I choose?

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
6 minutes ago, MarkVintel2 said:

Well, currently it's my PC but I don't have a problem investing in an amp if it's going to make a bigger difference.

This is from Beyerdynamics own website. So 80 ohms would be best suited for you. I used the 80 ohm with my PC and then my budget Amplifier and the sound was great 🙂

image.thumb.png.0b4433df3240fc64e5380ba8045b2963.png

I need help in choosing the best headphones from the listed. I have heard many mixed thoughts but I can't make the decision.

• Sennheiser HD 599
  • beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
  • beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
  • beyerdynamic DT 880

If you recommend any of the beyerdynamics, please specify the ohms. I will be using the headphones primarily for music and a little bit of gaming.  

The Philips X2hr is better than any of these.

If I had to choose from this list, I would go 770 for closed and 880 for open. The ohms don't matter as long as you stay around 250 or less. The 600 ohm versions might be too much to drive unless you have an amp.

Still, the X2hr takes the cake for me.

I need help in choosing the best headphones from the listed. I have heard many mixed thoughts but I can't make the decision.

• Sennheiser HD 599
  • beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
  • beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
  • beyerdynamic DT 880

If you recommend any of the beyerdynamics, please specify the ohms. I will be using the headphones primarily for music and a little bit of gaming.  

I love my Beyedynamic DT770 PRO's.  Bought them in 2004 and they are still going strong.
What will be powering the headphones? PC? Phone? Amplifier?

9 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I love my Beyedynamic DT770 PRO's.  Bought them in 2004 and they are still going strong.
What will be powering the headphones? PC? Phone? Amplifier?

Well, currently it's my PC but I don't have a problem investing in an amp if it's going to make a bigger difference.

This is from Beyerdynamics own website. So 80 ohms would be best suited for you. I used the 80 ohm with my PC and then my budget Amplifier and the sound was great 🙂

image.thumb.png.0b4433df3240fc64e5380ba8045b2963.png

9 minutes ago, MarkVintel2 said:

Oh, and the DT770's are magical when it comes to comfort. Sooo soft!  The pads are washable and replaceable if worn down or damaged.