Need help upgrading my cpu/powersupply/motherboard

Budget (including currency): Don't have one but nothing over maybe 700$ usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow six, maybe modern warfare, Apex and maybe some photo editing

Other details (I already have a gtx 1650 dont expect to play at highest settings just need at leat 140 fps, I currently have a I7-4700 16 gigs of ddr3 and like 2 ssd 1tb each, I have 1080p 144hz monitor would love to finally be able utilize all of it):

I'd love to be able to upgrade my cpu, power supply, and mother board. I also have my eye on the nzxt h5 flow. would love some recommendations please and thank you.

If you upgrade the CPU you also need to upgrade the motherboard and RAM .... and you'll get a small increase in performance, because in the end the video card will limit your maximum fps. It's worth upgrading, but don't upgrade hoping you'll get much improvement

26 minutes ago, Dominguez_187 said:

Budget (including currency): Don't have one but nothing over maybe 700$ usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow six, maybe modern warfare, Apex and maybe some photo editing

Other details (I already have a gtx 1650 dont expect to play at highest settings just need at leat 140 fps, I currently have a I7-4700 16 gigs of ddr3 and like 2 ssd 1tb each, I have 1080p 144hz monitor would love to finally be able utilize all of it):

I'd love to be able to upgrade my cpu, power supply, and mother board. I also have my eye on the nzxt h5 flow. would love some recommendations please and thank you.

mybe this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yb8V34

Simply put that 1650 isnt gonna do 140fps stable except in siege low 1080p.

So for 700$ you can do a ryzen 5600, budget b550 board, rx6700xt and a psu.

Would you be up for that? If so I can make you a nicr list

15 hours ago, jaslion said:

So for 700$ you can do a ryzen 5600, budget b550 board, rx6700xt and a psu.

Ill do it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($144.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($48.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($34.97 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX6700XT CLD 12G Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($319.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $712.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-08-06 07:53 EDT-0400

15 hours ago, Joker-_-Glitch said:

Im very confident that OP's SSD is just SATA. Haswell has a very barebone Nvme support.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.