[Fixed] Nvidida Broadcast just... does not open anymore?

Edit: The problem was the installation path of Broadcast. I had changed my default path for Program Files from C:\ to another drive.  Apparently Broadcast simply does not work when it is not on the boot drive. Maybe this has something to do with Nvidia drivers being on the boot drive as well? Going into Registry Editor, locate: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion" and right click "ProgramFilesDir". Click modify and put "C:\Program Files" as the Value data. Then just reinstall Broadcast and all should be good.

So, for a couple of months now, Nvidia Broadcast just stopped working for me. I had hoped for a new Version to fix my issue, but Broadcast hasn't gotten an update in quite a while.

When I try to open the Broadcast UI, my pointer has the hourglass next to it for a split second, but the program doesn't actually open. No error message, no crash report, just nothing. 

I've done clean installations of my Graphics driver, of Broadcast itself and of the Realtek audio drivers. I've tried running Broadcast as administrator, and have also tried using an older Version of Broadcast, none of which helped. I also updated my Bios and removed any overclocks I had on my Cpu, but that shouldn't and didn't make a difference either.

I even tried using RTX Voice as a final resort, and that one at least shows a loading screen, but that's as far as it will get. 

I contacted the Nvidia support a couple of days ago, they told me to do all the things I had already done prior, and then just sent a link to the Nvidia forums to "share any feedback or concerns" (Thanks for nothing Nvidia).

In task manager i can see the NvBroadcast.Container service running, idk if that means anything significant.

My system:

R5 3600X

4x8GB DDR4 3600

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus

Rtx 3070

Windows 10 home 64-bit

I would really like to continue using Broadcast, anybody here have another Idea on how to fix this?

Cheers, Hinoxs

Edited by Hinoxs
Fixed Problem

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same exact issue and can't find a fix 😞
It runs through updating and everything from what I can gather from what happens when I open it and look at task manager, but the UI just never comes up.