[The Verge] "Microsoft will offer Xbox Live refunds after making Netflix and other apps free"

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/14/5717360/microsoft-offers-xbox-live-refunds-after-making-netflix-free

You'll be able to request a refund once the June software update arrives, though Microsoft will only accept them through August 31st. Once you put in an official request, Microsoft will calculate a prorated amount to give back that's based on the number of days between your cancellation and when your subscription was originally slated to end. Unfortunately, getting your refund will take an exceptionally long six to eight weeks.

This is certainly something different for Microsoft. They're giving back money, and not only that, but they're giving back money made from Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions. I dunno about you, but I certainly find this surprising. The amount of money a person can make back will be varied and it will take 6 - 8 weeks for somebody to get their refund, but hey, at least they're getting something back.

8MBmj.png

COMIC SANS

Can you imagine how much if they do full refunds?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Can you imagine how much if they do full refunds?

Well, I wasn't expecting them to do refunds in the first place. There's no way Microsoft would have done full refunds anyways. 

COMIC SANS

Well I get nothing back as my Live Gold run out last month.

They are only doing this so people will buy the Xbox One for a media hub, after all many Blu Ray's and TV's these days have smart capability and there for you don't need to buy a `next gen` game console to watch streaming TV/films any more.

Cry Havoc!

So I take it this is refunds from the launch of Xbox One and not since day 1? :huh:

They are only doing this so people will buy the Xbox One for a media hub, after all many Blu Ray's and TV's these days have smart capability and there for you don't need to buy a `next gen` game console to watch streaming TV/films any more.

But to be fair I think the XBone's implementation of all those features is a bit more polished. Clean UI, very similair if you have a win8 pc. So I think this is indeed quite a good move to get more people to buy it.

Anyways it's good that they give refunds

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

And with that being true, then what's the point in advertising the Xbox One as a media hub?

I really do not understand why Microsoft is making the Xbox One out to be something it's not.

And with that being true, then what's the point in advertising the Xbox One as a media hub?

I really do not understand why Microsoft is making the Xbox One out to be something it's not.

The thing is Microsoft has tried to sell us the Xbox One as a full gaming/entertainment centre all in one where as Sony sells the PS4 as a pure gaming console so the way Microsoft is doing with the new Xbox One package without the Kinect 2 with it could help sells a lot as there's a lot of people that package that can do all their entertainment needs not 4 or 5 boxes connected to the TV.

But saying that the price is a big factor that's why their is other options available like buying the smart TV/Blu Ray and getting what you need, everyone has different needs and budgets and space available too.

Cry Havoc!

Well, I wasn't expecting them to do refunds in the first place. There's no way Microsoft would have done full refunds anyways.

Can you please explain why everyone is taking my profile pic?

No one should have ever had to pay for a gold account to use a streaming service like Netflix.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Can you please explain why everyone is taking my profile pic?

Because we love you.

COMIC SANS

Because we love you.

Awwwwwwwww (:

But really? It applies to my username.

So if I get the refund is.my kid screwed out of playing titan fall me using twitch?????? Or do we keep the gold level