200mm fans will fit in a 7000D

Incase anyone was wondering NF-A20 fans will fit in the front of a 7000D and still have room for fan grills and 120mm fans in the side. 

20230802_205127.thumb.jpg.b527f4d806af4ff32240122c98ea9d85.jpg

20230802_205154.thumb.jpg.2e9ff49b790ab32d869e519376e5dc76.jpg

20230802_210523.jpg

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

Yeah they can fit but they won't do much since half the fan is obstructed.

So you have a 7000D and a pair of A20 fans prove this or is this just conjecture?

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

im a fan.. dont like the noctuas in brown but.. 

It's what I had on hand. Planning to switch to Chromax eventually.

1 hour ago, TeraSeraph said:

So you have a 7000D and a pair of A20 fans prove this or is this just conjecture?

Lian li lancool did the same thing. 140mm spacing 200mm fans can fit officially but due to obstructions their performance drops below even 2 120mm fans.

It's also just basic pressure dynamics at work. These bigger fans have little static pressure so when in a constrained enviroment like this they can't really brute force anything.

A 140 or 120 are far easier to have higher static pressure and thus do better in constrained enviroments.

Cooler master had that crappy h500 something that struggled due to the small ventilation in the front with their 200mm fans. Add some 120's or 140's and it did better because those fans had higher pressure and could pull harder.

Also any reason for the duct on the cooler? That doesn't do anything unless you put actual ducting on it and have it go somewhere.

37 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Lian li lancool did the same thing. 140mm spacing 200mm fans can fit officially but due to obstructions their performance drops below even 2 120mm fans.

Who says I need full performance from these fans? The whole point of me getting a larger case is so that I don't have to run my fans at their top end or extract every bit of performance from them. 

It's also just basic pressure dynamics at work. These bigger fans have little static pressure so when in a constrained enviroment like this they can't really brute force anything.

There's no need for static pressure where these fans are placed, the fan filter is barely a restriction. I run balanced flow so there's no need for pressure optimized fans as the static case pressure is pretty much ambient.

A 140 or 120 are far easier to have higher static pressure and thus do better in constrained enviroments.

Pressure only matters when you're flowing through a restriction or the fan is presented with a high pressure environment that it's exhausting into. 

Cooler master had that crappy h500 something that struggled due to the small ventilation in the front with their 200mm fans. Add some 120's or 140's and it did better because those fans had higher pressure and could pull harder.

Cool, this isn't an H500 case is it? With a case this large the fans barely need to run to cool everything adequately. The A20s just need to move air from the front to the back of the case which they do just fine. 

Also any reason for the duct on the cooler? That doesn't do anything unless you put actual ducting on it and have it go somewhere.

More conjecture with no real first hand proof or evidence on your part. I have my own fan testing rig, in testing it gained about 6-7% more airflow and up to 6 dB-A sound reduction. Velocity stacks are used around the world and have proven benefits to airflow, air density and pressure at the inlet. 

F123KShroud.thumb.png.3d2e45115157e3cd1c97c3b3038f9fad.png

The whole point of these 200mm fans is noise levels. The A20 is quieter than pretty much every fan on the market for the given amount of airflow, as well as producing much lower frequencies that intrude less upon human hearing. 140mm and especially 120mm can get whiney while the A20 doesn't make any sound until it's at 70-100% duty cycle. My computer idles at sub 33 dB-A, and doesn't get over 41 dB-A during gaming. Even if the flow isn't optimal I don't give a fuck, airflow nerds on the internet get all worked up about it though.