Long distance setup suggestions

Hi! I have been in a bit of a predicament where I can only use my PC on a weekend because reasons but during the week when I want to play I can’t use it because it not there, obviously I could move it back and forth but it’s a huge pain so any suggestions?

I’m currently using a really old laptop(12 years) during the week and GeForce now witch has it’s obvious issues.

If you're not going to physically move it, your options are things like Parsec. If both machines are hardwired to the network the experience can be pretty good for what it is.

Parsec is great but unless your upload is really good, you'll want to stick to slower games. I use it all the time for tactical games or RPGs where the small delay isn't a big deal.

If this situation is going to continue for a while, like years, consider selling your desktop and going for all-mobile setup. Performance is there, has been for couple of years.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/4/2023 at 1:22 PM, LogicalDrm said:

If this situation is going to continue for a while, like years, consider selling your desktop and going for all-mobile setup. Performance is there, has been for couple of years.

Streaming at least at this point is ok at its best and terrible at its worst. If you really want to have a competitive gaming experience consistently then yea I would say considering a gaming laptop is a better option.