A newbie who used laptop only trying to build a new pc for Gaming & Study - Netherlands.

Budget (including currency): 2000 EUR.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant (Good FPS above 300), Python Programming, Finite Element Simulations, Julia and other Programming involving complex simulations.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc.): I have a old HP ZBook 360x which is shit with gaming, I am now starting my master's study, so I want a new pc which I can use for gaming and study at the same time. I want at least 1080p HD Resolution and Refresh rate above 300 fps for valorant which is my main game. 

Important Note : I have never ever built a pc in my life do I need some tools to install all the components in the pc, pls include all that and I am afraid if I should go for pre-builds because I might fuck up the assembly with making sure the cables go in the right place and am not that good with the compatibility between parts, so please help this pc noob. I am planning to build my pc by this month when I move to the Uni on 22nd August, so preferably around that date.

PC Builds

- Budget: 2000 EUR
- Zip Code or Location: Netherlands
- Specific Use: Gaming / Programming / Study
- Any preferred components: No idea if i should go Nvidia or AMD
- Any spare parts you can re-use? no
- Overclocking your processor? Actually, I have no idea what this means, would it be useful for my needs of gaming/ programming and study? if not then no.
- Need an Operating System? Yes
- Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard? Yes
- Need a Wireless Card or Adapter? Yes
- Need Another Component? (Specify): I want to include RGB and a sleek and stylish looking pc box so its colorful, but if it's not possible with the budget I don't mind compromising it. aesthetics is secondary to budget.

Other Useful Info

- Preferred Case Features (Ex: Color, Side Window, Flashy): Good Ventilation & filters, RGB, good cable management.
- Number of Monitors:1
- Other Info?

Looking forward to your advice and help regarding this. Also feel free to suggest any amendments to my specifications, I am open to anything since I am completely new to pc building. Thanks in advance. - Krish

Welcome to the forums!
Ooof, it looks like Finite Element Simulation software is heavily threaded so you're gonna want something with a LOT of cores, not easy to do on the cheap, especially if you want to game on it.
As for peripherals, a 300Hz monitor is gonna cost minimum 500 so you're blowing a LOT of the budget on that. 
Tools is easy, all you *need* is a phillips screwdriver. 
I always recommend the Phanteks P400A case because it's inexpensive, easy to build in, and the mesh variant has fantastic airflow

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

28 minutes ago, Krish Cryx said:

- Need Another Component? (Specify): I want to include RGB and a sleek and stylish looking pc box so its colorful, but if it's not possible with the budget I don't mind compromising it. aesthetics is secondary to budget.

Other Useful Info

- Preferred Case Features (Ex: Color, Side Window, Flashy): Good Ventilation & filters, RGB, good cable management.
- Other Info?

for a keyboard, monitor, etc., try to see them in local stores or used ones

28 minutes ago, Krish Cryx said:

Looking forward to your advice and help regarding this. Also feel free to suggest any amendments to my specifications, I am open to anything since I am completely new to pc building. Thanks in advance. - Krish

mybe this 

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/7dP8TY

The 120mm fan goes inside the back of that case for an exhaust fan.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-13700F 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€394.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AG620 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler  (€54.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€163.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€109.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: *Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€99.00 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: *Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (€639.00 @ Azerty) 
Case: *Fractal Design Focus 2 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€76.99 @ Azerty) 
Power Supply: *NZXT C750 (2022) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€108.85 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case Fan: *ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (€10.49 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Monitor: *Dell S2522HG 24.5" 1920 x 1080 240 Hz Monitor  (€326.95 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €1983.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-08-01 17:24 CEST+0200 

A better look at those components.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B760-GAMING-PLUS-WIFI  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/230491/intel-core-i713700f-processor-30m-cache-up-to-5-20-ghz/specifications.html  

https://www.deepcool.com/products/Cooling/cpuaircoolers/GAMMAXX-AG620-Dual-Tower-CPU-Cooler-1700-AM5/2022/15900.shtml  

https://www.asus.com/us/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/dual/dual-rtx4070-o12g/  

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-24-gaming-monitor-g2422hs/apd/210-bdpw/monitors-monitor-accessories  

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/focus/focus-2/black-tg-clear-tint/  

34 minutes ago, Krish Cryx said:

Budget (including currency): 2000 EUR.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant (Good FPS above 300), Python Programming, Finite Element Simulations, Julia and other Programming involving complex simulations.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc.): I have a old HP ZBook 360x which is shit with gaming, I am now starting my master's study, so I want a new pc which I can use for gaming and study at the same time. I want at least 1080p HD Resolution and Refresh rate above 300 fps for valorant which is my main game. 

Important Note : I have never ever built a pc in my life do I need some tools to install all the components in the pc, pls include all that and I am afraid if I should go for pre-builds because I might fuck up the assembly with making sure the cables go in the right place and am not that good with the compatibility between parts, so please help this pc noob. I am planning to build my pc by this month when I move to the Uni on 22nd August, so preferably around that date.

PC Builds

- Budget: 2000 EUR
- Zip Code or Location: Netherlands
- Specific Use: Gaming / Programming / Study
- Any preferred components: No idea if i should go Nvidia or AMD
- Any spare parts you can re-use? no
- Overclocking your processor? Actually, I have no idea what this means, would it be useful for my needs of gaming/ programming and study? if not then no.

Other Useful Info

- Other Info?

Hello, my name is Chris. I can most certainly help you to plan out a Gaming PC.

Please do NOT get a Pre-Built. They are very often not worth the money that you pay for them and are very lacking in the amount of performance that they give and might have what's called "Bloatware" which is not needed and may hinder your PCs performance even more.

So my advice to you is to build it yourself. It truly is easy to do and most people who have not done it before think that it is hard or they might end up making a mistake or breaking something. First let me say this... It is really hard to break a part of the PC. Unless you plan on drop kicking it or throwing it against the wall you will be just fine. I will provide all the Links you will need and the Parts List will have everything you need to Build and Setup the PC.

Next in order to build the PC you will need a Phillips Screwdriver Set, preferably with a Magnetic tip so that you don't drop any screws during the build process. Once the PC is put together then you will need to set it up to where it's going to be, a table or desk and hook up all the cords and wires to where they need to go.

Follow these Links to se the How to Build a PC Video by Linus Himself and for other Software you might need for the Parts that I recommend. After this you have Setup your new PC completely.

How to Build a PC POV Style by Linus Himself

Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite BIOS & Software Webpage

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask.

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/hyZWGP

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€318.00 @ Azerty)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€43.90 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570S AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€244.95 @ Alternate)
Memory: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€97.90 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€109.00 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 319 CORE Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card  (€544.00 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case  (€90.85 @ Alternate)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (€98.85 @ Azerty)
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz Monitor  (€328.98 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Keyboard: Cooler Master Devastator 3 Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse  (€43.85 @ Megekko)
Custom: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Flair CZ73 USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Speed Up to 130MB/s  (€6.00)
Custom: KabelDirekt – 8K DisplayPort 2.0 Cable – 6ft – DP Monitor Cable for Gaming PCs/Graphics Cards/laptops, displays/projectors – DP to DP – 4K at 144Hz/8K at 60Hz, up to 240Hz, FreeSync/G-Sync, B  (€18.00)
Custom: ORIA Precisie schroevendraaier set, [120 in 1] Reparatie Gereedschap Kit met 101 Bits, Mini Magnetische Schroevendraaier Set met Magnetische Pad, Aluminium Handvat voor Smartphone, Game Conso  (€22.00)
Custom: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Key Global (€35.00)
Total: €2001.28

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

11 hours ago, Why_Me said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-13700F 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€394.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AG620 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler  (€54.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€163.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€109.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: *Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€99.00 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: *Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (€639.00 @ Azerty) 
Case: *Fractal Design Focus 2 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€76.99 @ Azerty) 
Power Supply: *NZXT C750 (2022) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€108.85 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case Fan: *ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (€10.49 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Monitor: *Dell S2522HG 24.5" 1920 x 1080 240 Hz Monitor  (€326.95 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €1983.98
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-08-01 17:24 CEST+0200 

Those extra 20 euro left can be spend around pretty well.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€423.40 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€43.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€163.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  (€118.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€99.00 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (€639.00 @ Azerty) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G300A (3 Fan) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€73.85 @ Megekko) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (€98.85 @ Azerty) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC F12 PST 53 CFM 120 mm Fan  (€6.49 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Monitor: ViewSonic XG2431 23.8" 1920 x 1080 240 Hz Monitor  (€331.06 @ Azerty) 
Total: €1997.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-08-02 04:39 CEST+0200

Best 240Hz monitor available, iGPU and 850W PSU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.