COMPATIBILITY B650-DS3H & F5-6000J3636F16GX1-RS5K

Go to solution Solved by L4G_NAToR,

Thanks everyone for your help, My issue is solved.

Processor was sitting well in the socket.

The RAM is compatible with motherboard.

Rookie mistake 

Hello Guys,

I recently upgraded my PC, I have slight confusion with the compatibility of my RAM sticks with the motherboard.
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B650-DS3H
RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 16x2GB CL36
Issues:
1. I bought it from a well-known local store, instead of sending me the dual channel kit he sent me single kit modules.
2. Following is the product id of my ram: F5-6000J636G16GX1-RS5K, can anyone help me if it is compatible with my motherboard?

I checked the specifications, and everything looks fine to me, but the support list of RAM & motherboard do not sync.
I'm a little worried, any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, L4G_NAToR said:

I bought it from a well-known local store, instead of sending me the dual channel kit he sent me single kit modules.

Refund. That is not what you requested firstly, and also nowadays DDR memories are carefully balanced with one another in one kit for XMP operation, so unless if you dont mind balancing it solo with manual overclocking, you could have unstable operation on memory intensive task or even in worst case, not booting at all.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

@SorryBella

Thanks for the help, clarify the following for me please:

1. Dual channel kit should be compatible right?

2. I tried setting up my the components (I don’t have a GPU) on my 500W PSU. The machine does not boot, my power supply also does not spin.

Should I try booting without RAM?

7 hours ago, L4G_NAToR said:

Should I try booting without RAM?

Wont work.

7 hours ago, L4G_NAToR said:

1. Dual channel kit should be compatible right?

Far more than 2 RAM sticks in separate box. Whoever think its the same is ill informed at best, malicious at worst.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

You should definitely return it but...

With regards to compatibility AM5 is very much a mixed bag when it comes to ram.

Alot of the 7000 series CPU's have memory controllers that struggle above about 5600mhz , Especially with samsung b die memory chips which is what the kit you have has.

You can get this by setting the expo in the bios then backing the ram speed from 3000 to 2900 , then 2800 etc etc until its stable.

You ordered dual channel and they gave you 2 single sticks so definately return but don't be surprised if the expo ram settings won't let you boot or cause stability issues.

Just a heads up that's all.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

Thanks everyone for your help, My issue is solved.

Processor was sitting well in the socket.

The RAM is compatible with motherboard.

Rookie mistake