Amazon sent me wrong product, promised to send the correct one, now tell me there is only refund

Hi.

on prime day I bought a Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVME on Amazon (sold by them: Amazon Export Sales LLC) since it was cheap (129,99 USD). After waiting two weeks (it was shipped to the country where I'm residing) I got the wrong product: a 1TB 970 evo plus.

I opened a ticket and the first person answered me they would send the correct product (the 2TB 990 pro). I accepted the offer.  After a while, he told me there  was a problem with the system and redirected me to a second person who told me there was indeed a problem. After that, I was redirected to a call where I was told there was no other choice but to send the wrong product back and get a refund. They wouldn't fullfill the promise of sending the right product.

I didn't accept it since I need the 990 pro and it is available on Amazon.

Today I contacted them again and the first person told me they would send me the right product, but again "there was a problem on the system" and got redirected to a second, third and fourth person who then told me again there was no other choice but to send the product back, wait until amazon gets it and then wait some other 3-5 work days to get my money back to then buy again the product!!

Since it could mean 1+ month lost waiting for a product I bought from amazon. Is there a procedure to make them fullfill the promise they did or I just have to wait 1+ month until I get my money back and then buy the ssd with the price they have it.

Any help is valuable since this is my first time I get the wrong product (and it would be my first return).

attempt to do it their way , if it fails then call your bank/car manufacturer and do a chargeback to recover the funds.

they will want proof of efforts you made to obtain the refund though them before doing the chargeback.

4 hours ago, jdjinn said:

Any help is valuable since this is my first time I get the wrong product (and it would be my first return).

Accept refund and buy from Amazon directly, not marketplace seller. The issue here is that you got from marketplace seller. Amazon themselves doesn't have any requirement to send new product, so they won't cover marketplace sellers mistakes. And if the seller doesn't have the product (bait and switch or just warehouse stock mistake), they can't send it. So you would be waiting until/if they get it on stock. But considering the messaging, it looks like they didn't have it and won't be getting it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, jdjinn said:

Amazon Export Sales LLC

Just a word of advice, that seller isn't actually Amazon themselves, despite the annoyingly deceiving wording. As far as I'm aware, the only people that are actually Amazon themselves is "Amazon.com", anyone else is not them.

Also, when you opened your support ticket, did you open it with Amazon or the Seller? It's quite possible that if you talked to Amazon directly they'd probably lend a hand in either getting you your product, or a refund.

22 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Amazon themselves doesn't have any requirement to send new product, so they won't cover marketplace sellers mistakes.

That's not entirely true, obviously legally they probably could wiggle their way out of it, but they have their "A-Z Guarantee" which literally states that "if you receive an item that's damaged, defective, or materially different from what you ordered from a 3rd Party Seller" then they will refund everything, including shipping and return costs. That quote was taken directly from Amazon themselves.

image.png.1f6f7a476bad9598805d1086ca4c1a83.png

So OP, don't be afraid to reach out to Amazon, I think you'll be surprised the lengths they'll go to make sure you stay a customer.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

25 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

That's not entirely true, obviously legally they probably could wiggle their way out of it, but they have their "A-Z Guarantee" which literally states that "if you receive an item that's damaged, defective, or materially different from what you ordered from a 3rd Party Seller" then they will refund everything, including shipping and return costs. That quote was taken directly from Amazon themselves.

Did you read what I wrote? I said "to send new product". Not about refund. OP is asking for product, Amazon is offering refund. Or did you think "cover" would mean automatically everything, regardless of whats stated previously in sentence? 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/1/2023 at 12:50 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Did you read what I wrote? I said "to send new product". Not about refund. OP is asking for product, Amazon is offering refund. Or did you think "cover" would mean automatically everything, regardless of whats stated previously in sentence? 

I did read what you wrote, though your wording made it sound like Amazon won't do anything at all, period. All I was saying is that Amazon themselves would offer a refund, and as such it's probably OP's best bet aside from my advisement of potentially asking Amazon to see if they would be open to sending the correct product although unlikely as you stated.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

4 hours ago, Birblover12 said:

I did read what you wrote, though your wording made it sound like Amazon won't do anything at all, period. All I was saying is that Amazon themselves would offer a refund, and as such it's probably OP's best bet aside from my advisement of potentially asking Amazon to see if they would be open to sending the correct product although unlikely as you stated.

All good then. As OP writes, they are refusing to take the refund either Amazon or marketplace seller is offering. My guess would be that this is indeed bait-n-switch and product is not available for the price it was sold.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Lil update here:

I asked for a refund and had to pay the shipping costs (some 45 USD)

I always thought Amazon Export Sales LLC was Amazon and not some random seller... 

So it is/was probably some kind of scam? 
1) to send the wrong product knowing that
2) customers will be placed  behind a pay wall (shipping costs) to be able to apply for a refund.
3) they got to keep the money for over a month. 
4) Imagine doing such thing to  10.000 ppl each month: some ppl just won't send the product back and the money interests while the whole refund process take back!

Is there a way to blacklist/block/ignore such sellers from amazon? So they won't show up on my results?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 5:04 AM, jdjinn said:

Is there a way to blacklist/block/ignore such sellers from amazon? So they won't show up on my results?

No. Only thing you can do is report them to Amazon.

E: Sorry, there's one thing. If you are living somewhere where Amazon offers free shipping over some threshold, then selecting that from search will only give you Amazon or fullfilled and shipped by Amazon products. There are also browser plugins to limit based on seller/shipped from country as in EU getting something from outside the Union will be extra costs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv