[SOLVED] Mobo only recognize half of the ram memory

Chriexpe
Go to solution Solved by Chriexpe,

Late update (that I forgot to do before), it turns out one of the RAM sticks doesn't work, as well as any other RAM that shares the same lane as it (A1 - A2 or B1 - B2).

Last week I've finally built my new rig with 7900x, 7900xtx Pulse, x670 Aorus Elite AX and 2 kits 2x32GB Geil 6400MT/s CL32.
At first I did get it working and all 128GB of RAM were available, so naturally I tried to see if I could push a little more out of it (they where running at 4800MT/s CL30) with that Buildzoid timings and voltage, VSOC was 1.25v and VDDIO / MVDD / MVDDQ 1.4v (yes, it needs this voltage to achieve 6400MT/s, so nothing too extreme), and didn't had any luck with that.
Hours later I realized that I was running only with 64GB of ram, and then the troubleshooting began with swapping RAM around, reseting BIOS each time, reseating CPU, loosening a bit the CPU socket and air cooler, changing the socket frame to the original one, I even cleaned the socket pins with ispropyl Alcohol using a soft paint brush but nothing changed.
Most of the time, if I'm lucky only the last two RAM socket work (B_1 and B_2) or less commonly the first two (A_1 and A_2), If I try with different channels (A_2 and B_2) only the last stick is recognized, aside this the PC won't even post...
I do have another RAM stick (XPG Lancer) that I can even EXPO it to 6000 MT/s (I don't remember if it is recognized on all slots tho, only tested on B_2).

So yeah, I fucked up somehow, but did I damage the Mobo? CPU? BIOS is updated on latest version (F11a).

Also before booting the computer for the first time, I installed that Thermalright CPU frame and when I removed it to check temps the CPU sticked in it and fell down over the socket pins (I was having some "weird" temps, that turned out to be ok for AM5), but it was near the top left corner, where by judging this AM5 Pinmap it has nothing to do with RAM or voltage input, and mostly two pins got bit bent (and I hopefully fixed it), based on that pinmap it's VSS/DP/USB), here is the photos of the pins and me trying to fix itBUT after fixing this the computer did turn on recognizing all RAM sticks, only later when I changed timings that things went downhill.

Also, somehow in the middle of the troubleshooting I was able to run 2x32GB at 6400MT/s CL32 lol, check it here https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V11/display.php?id=504282531456

Workstation:  7900x @ 5.73Ghz || Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX || Shapphire 7900XTX Pulse || 2x 32GB Geil RGB DDR5-6400 @ 6400 CL32 || XPG Power Reactor 850w @240V || Thermalright PS120SE

Server (Unraid): HP EliteDesk 800 G1 || i7 4770 @ Stock || 4x8GB DDR3 Crucial 1600Mhz

Server (Debian Lite x64): Raspberry 4b 8GB w/ Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB XC V30 A2 SD Card

pretty confident you damaged the mobo possibly the killed the memory channel on the cpu itself pretty sure the ddr5 dimms can take 1.45v without disastrous damage some people push it to 1.5 or 1.6 which is ballsy

• 1 month later...

Late update (that I forgot to do before), it turns out one of the RAM sticks doesn't work, as well as any other RAM that shares the same lane as it (A1 - A2 or B1 - B2).

Workstation:  7900x @ 5.73Ghz || Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX || Shapphire 7900XTX Pulse || 2x 32GB Geil RGB DDR5-6400 @ 6400 CL32 || XPG Power Reactor 850w @240V || Thermalright PS120SE

Server (Unraid): HP EliteDesk 800 G1 || i7 4770 @ Stock || 4x8GB DDR3 Crucial 1600Mhz

Server (Debian Lite x64): Raspberry 4b 8GB w/ Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB XC V30 A2 SD Card