What GPU should i get for my PC

Hello i just got myself a Dell Optiplex 3050 SFF with a Intel Pentium G4560 and 8gb ram, And i just was wondering what GPU would be good for it.

The 3050 SFF only has a 180W PSU.  I think it might come with a 240W if it had a GPU from factory.  The GPU options that came with it were up to an R7 450.  So for GPU I would suggest any low-profile, single-slot GPU that doesn't require extra power connections that will fit in the chassis...which will limit you quite a bit.  I see here that it looks like low-profile GT 1030 cards or Radeon 5450 would work.

https://www.dell.com/community/Optiplex-Desktops/Optiplex-SFF-mini-tower-graphics-card/td-p/6023730/page/3

I guess the questions I have are more along the specifics of your build:

1) Do you have the 180W or 240W?

2) How much space do you have to install a GPU, both free slot space (ex. does the chassis have enough room for a 2 slot card) and card length?

3) Do you have a problem shutting Secure Boot Off, considering the Dell BIOS won't let you put a non-OEM card in the chassis otherwise, from what I've been reading?

1 hour ago, PineyCreek said:

I see here that it looks like low-profile GT 1030 cards or Radeon 5450 would work.

I mean there is 1650 low profile out there with 75W limit and that would pretty much max out this system GPU wise. But id lean on fixing the CPU side, if you can find a cheap i5 6600 or 7600 that would be good. Yes, I'm aware that the max-out would be the i7 6700 or 7700, but with 100-150$ cost id rather dump this 3050 off to eBay again and get a used Ryzen 5 3600+B series board combo which would smoke in frametime consistency.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

• 4 weeks later...