Ryzen 7950x, are these Vcore Voltages Safe?

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

So a couple things:

1. Don't use HWMonitor, especially with modern AMD CPUs. It has a tendency to break and show completely wrong information (if you let it run for long enough it'll say your CPU is at something like 10GHz). You want to use either HWInfo or Ryzen Master for monitoring sensor data on Ryzen. 
  2. You don't want to look at VID for monitoring voltage. VID is what the CPU is requesting, not what it's actually running at. This is more of an issue on Intel, but there can still be a decent size gap between what the CPU is requesting and what the motherboard is actually feeding it. 

Assuming the 1.425V is the max voltage the CPU is actually receiving, yes that's safe, AMD chips can handle IIRC up to 1.5V VCore without degrading and will boost up there in normal operation. You're well within safe limits. 

I simply need to know if the voltages I'm seeing on the VID (Max) of WHMonitor are safe, and or what those safe tolerances really are I've searched for a few days and found nothing useful besides the usual "Vsoc Shouldn't go above 1.3" with zero input on the rest of that issue. I am worried for the longevity of the system based on this. 

I have the following system and the pictures posted below are what my current voltages and relevant details are.

• Windows 11 /64 Pro
  • AMD Ryzen 9 7950x  4501 Mhz (1.250 VSoC)
  • AsRock X670E Pro RS
  • 2x 16G Trident 6000Mhz ram (1.300v)
  • Samsung M.2 980
  • NZXT C1200w PSU
  • 1.28 - AMD AGESA ComboAM5PI 1.0.0.7 ( 07/27/2023)

Bear in mind this is the first top tier system I've had in near a decade so you may have to talk to me like I'm a dummy. that's okay I need to learn.

Screenshot 2023-07-30 152336.png

Screenshot 2023-07-30 152528.png

So a couple things:

1. Don't use HWMonitor, especially with modern AMD CPUs. It has a tendency to break and show completely wrong information (if you let it run for long enough it'll say your CPU is at something like 10GHz). You want to use either HWInfo or Ryzen Master for monitoring sensor data on Ryzen. 
  2. You don't want to look at VID for monitoring voltage. VID is what the CPU is requesting, not what it's actually running at. This is more of an issue on Intel, but there can still be a decent size gap between what the CPU is requesting and what the motherboard is actually feeding it. 

Assuming the 1.425V is the max voltage the CPU is actually receiving, yes that's safe, AMD chips can handle IIRC up to 1.5V VCore without degrading and will boost up there in normal operation. You're well within safe limits. 

Just checked and I'm getting > 1.300 avg active clock. Checked it with the alerts not knowing 100% where to try but it gives an alert every 10 seconds or so.  [Edit: Apologies, Missed that it was the VID thing again].

Where do I need to be looking for the VSoC?

image.png

Lastly for my piece of mind the 1.300 limit should be on CPU VDDCR_SOC Voltage yes?

Screenshot 2023-07-30 163617.png

I checked the Power one as well but failed to realize its in Watts. I have never felt older than I do right now. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your help. 

Screenshot 2023-07-30 160735.png

30 minutes ago, Thermi said:

Just checked and I'm getting > 1.300 avg active clock. Checked it with the alerts not knowing 100% where to try but it gives an alert every 10 seconds or so.  [Edit: Apologies, Missed that it was the VID thing again].

Where do I need to be looking for the VSoC?

image.png

Screenshot 2023-07-30 160735.png

No point using alerts if the information its monitoring is not valid.

As mentioned, HWInfo64 and Ryzen Master will show the information.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

image.png.d30518f03cb2ff35bbcd45f11d7e091e.png

After he mentioned it I uninstalled the other, and installed HWiNFO64 unless somehow this is also the wrong  program?

image.png.925c8a2492cf60c176cab63a080e87f6.png

I'm assuming the VDD doesn't share the same < 1.300 as the SOC. If so looks like I'm in the clear.

[Edit: Final] Double checked this and we're good. Thank you all for the help!