Cisco Meraki MS225-48-HW Help

Khoomn
Go to solution Solved by Khoomn,

I created an account on meraki's website and found out it was unclaimed so I just claimed it and was able to use it. Not a bad find

So I work for an MSP, we have a basically dead ewaste pile. I pulled a Cisco Meraki MS225-48-HW from the pile to see if it worked. I plugged it in when I got home, LED light is white meaning it can connect to the meraki cloud and all ethernet ports work. I'm trying to get to some sort of dashboard but am completely confused. I have a console to USB cable that I know works because I've used it on other switches before and when connecting it to the management port, there are no lights and I can't connect to it through putty. I tried accessing its web client via ip which is currently 192.168.8.106, still nothing. I've used nmap to scan all ports, only one there is is 52 and that is closed.

I'm just at a loss right now on how to access this switch. I don't even know how to check if its claimed or not and I even reset to factory settings.

I thought Meraki gear was completely unconfigurable (if not entirely useless) without being tied to a cloud account.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

This switch has no local interface or way to configure it once it connects to the cloud. And prior to that you can only do things like setting a static IP, gateway, and DNS if needed to get to the cloud.

Without a license, Meraki hardware is ewaste.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I created an account on meraki's website and found out it was unclaimed so I just claimed it and was able to use it. Not a bad find

9 hours ago, Khoomn said:

OK but now check the license page within the Meraki dashboard so you know how much time left it has.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

39 minutes ago, brwainer said:

OK but now check the license page within the Meraki dashboard so you know how much time left it has.

30 days from claim time is the grace period

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: