why is there no SATA Express on ROG maximus VII hero?

its been bugging me sinse the announcement of the ROG maximus VII hero motherboard that why did ASUS no impliment the sata express technology on one of their mainstream motherboards which are mostly known for their sheer performance capabilities. i mean even the asus z97-A has 2 sata express ports on it.

any one got the answer.

ps:yes ive checked it on their website aswell

Probably to differentiate it from the higher boards? I don't think the standard is in wide usage yet so maybe to cut costs? Do gamers need such devices when most cram their steam games on a 7200rpm HDD?

I'd be happy with the m.2 slot and the 8 sata 6gbps ports

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Because there is no need for them in a gaming oriented motherboard... same reason we don't have SAS on such boards or dual NIC.

Not really necessary. Otherwise the board will be $400-500 or something ridiculously overpriced for that matter. 

Not really necessary. Otherwise the board will be $400-500 or something ridiculously overpriced for that matter. 

i think you guys haven't  read it properly,its even present on Z97-A

Probably to differentiate it from the higher boards? I don't think the standard is in wide usage yet so maybe to cut costs? Do gamers need such devices when most cram their steam games on a 7200rpm HDD?

Did you realise I meant differentiate it in it's own line of boards? Like from Maximus VII Hero vs Maximus VII Extreme etc. The rest stands, it's really a useless standard so far, in the future we will hopefully see more drives that can take advantage of it.

Why do people even want Sata Express? From my point of view it is faster and less cable clutter to just get 2 SSDs plugged in separately and Raid 0 them (I could be wrong about the cable clutter). It seems like taking a step back from Sata 3.

Motherboard - Asus X99 Deluxe CPU - Intel i7 5930k RAMCorsair LPX 16 GB GPU - GeForce GTX 980 x 2 DAC/AMP - Asus Xonar Essense STU Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB x 2 (Raid 0) PSU - Corsair AX1200i Case - Custom Star Citizen M50 Cooling - Custom water loop

Buy a Z97-A then, not only will you have sata express, you'll save yourself some money not buying overpriced rog board.