Lumia 610 failing headphone jack?

Go to solution Solved by atrash,

i dunno how to explain this,but Lumia's headphone jack connector is a bit different than the ipod. I used to have the same problem with my L620 where everytime I plugged in a normal headphones, it will sound like it's in mono and sometimes trigger the voice command. But nothing happened when I plugged in a headset or random aux+mic cable. Since the jack is integrated with the backshell,it was not covered by the warranty so I had to buy a new backshell.

You can try getting a cable like this A1UA_13008901459537065628dBKL9iRX.jpg  for your headphone and see if that fix the problem. 

Hello. Recently my Lumia 610 has been acting a bit weird. Playing audio through the speaker when headphones were plugged in, stopping playback from twisting the jack in the connection. Other stuff like that. However, i'm not to worried about this. The thing i've been finding weird is the fact that this only happens with one pair of headphones I own. And only on the lumia. 

I've tested before with a number of laptops, an iPod and a control pod and i can't replicate the issue. I've also tried my Sennheiser headphones and a random aux cable on the phone and they have no problems. As such I have no idea what the issue is and what to do about it.

Also, worth mentioning is the fact that just under a year ago i sent it in to get a replaced headphone jack because of similar issues (not detecting headphones, but this was with everything).

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

My friend has had a problem like this. he could not fix it so hey just got a new phone.

My friend has had a problem like this. he could not fix it so hey just got a new phone.

Damn. I have to wait until september until I can upgrade.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

i dunno how to explain this,but Lumia's headphone jack connector is a bit different than the ipod. I used to have the same problem with my L620 where everytime I plugged in a normal headphones, it will sound like it's in mono and sometimes trigger the voice command. But nothing happened when I plugged in a headset or random aux+mic cable. Since the jack is integrated with the backshell,it was not covered by the warranty so I had to buy a new backshell.

You can try getting a cable like this A1UA_13008901459537065628dBKL9iRX.jpg  for your headphone and see if that fix the problem. 

You can try getting a cable like this *snip*  for your headphone and see if that fix the problem. 

Ok. I have a headphone Amp that I might try.

Garrus - HP Stream 11