ABS Warping (No bed Issues)

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to print ABS with my Ender 3 s1 Pro, and I'm having a lot of issues.

The print is perfect for about the first few layers, I have no issues with bed adhesion and my bed print does not warp upwards, however as soon as I print over 1cm or have supports, I get issues.

The supports themselves print fine, but the actual part that gets printed on top of the supports don't sticks and start warping upward very badly. I have a makeshift enclose for the printer and this helps a little, but I still have the issue.

Does anyone know, if there's something I'm missing or can try?

ABS Spec 210c - 240c (not damp)
Cura Default settings a no go, and I've also played a lot with advanced settings with no luck so far.
Print temps tried 215c - 235c
Bed temp 110c 
Speed 40mm/s
Cooling fan off 

Pics

1. MINI All In One 3D printer test scaled down 50%, and warps when printing vertically (this is not from the overhang as it starts messing up before it overhangs)
2. Custom part I'm trying to make, but it warps off the supports

Thanks

1.jpg

3.jpg

As a newbie this might not be correct but from my understanding warping happens when your parts cool down to quickly or at different paces through the model. Given that its summer and i don't know how good your enclosure seals, maybe its the air-con or something else causing rapid cooling?

Last time i printed ABS i was recommended to crank the heat on the build plate for about an hour before the print starts to warm up the air inside the enclosure.

If you need recommendations for a new printer (the ones that use paper) you can tag me, i should be able to help 🙂

Yeah, I'm really hoping its drafts or something like that causing it. I going to try get a better solution for an enclosure hopefully that's my issue but damn this is really bugging me 😅.

I have the Comgrow Enclosure for my E3 S1 pro and it fits it perfectly. I also print ABS and ASA above 240ºC (between 240 and 270) and have had much more success than below 240. 

Essentially you have to make sure the plastic is fully melted, so increasing the heat can help. This is especially important if you're using anything other than a brass nozzle, as steel ones are more durable but dont conduct heat as well (ask me how I know)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Gotta crank that nozzle temp up my guy. Try crank the nozzle temp to 245-250. Your printer should have a PEI bed out of the box IIRC. I find warming the bed up to a fairly low temp (40-45 degrees), rubbing a little bit of glue stick to the bed, and then spreading it out with Methylated Spirits works really well for bed adhesion. Also cleaning your bed regularly with Methylated Spirits helps lots. Oil from your hands and dust/dirt will cause issues as it builds up.

If the issue is happening after printing 1cm or so then maybe also look at turning your fan speeds down a bit, I only really ever run my fans at 30 percent when printing ABS/ASA, and don't have them on at all for the start of a print

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

steel ones are more durable but dont conduct heat as well (ask me how I know)

I think I know how you know this... 🤣

I picked up some carbon PETG to play with and a steel nozzle and wasted a 250g spool trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to work properly