New rig with 3D printed cable covers

NeverNotExhausted

Yo,

So I put this rig together a couple of months ago, but recently I brought a 3D printer and my first thought was "lets cover up all the cables in my rig". So I currently have cable covers over the 24 pin, 8 pin, and 2x 8 pin GPU cables, there's also a cover for the cutout in the bottom shroud for front AIO's. I'm going to have another stab at the graphics card cover as it is also acting as an anti-sag brace for the gpu and the weight of the card has made it flex enough that you can see the two individual parts of the cover and the gap between them. But for now I think it's a big improvement over the stock braided cables. I'm also going to print a small cover for the front USB 3.0 header as it's the only cable that's easily viewable from where I sit at my desk.

Specs-

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5700x

RAM- 64gb Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz

MoBo- MSI B550m Pro-VDH WiFi

SSD- 2TB T-Create Classic PCIe Gen4

SSD2- 2TB PNY M280CS PCIe Gen3

HHD- 8TB Seagate BarraCuda

GPU- AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX reference card

Cooler- Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE

Case- Deepcool CH370

I put 120mm Silverstone Air Penetrators in the front and rear of the case, and 140mm Silverstone VS140B's in the top. All the case fans are run off a single hub to keep them as quiet as possible, I had them hooked to the same output as the CPU cooler but they were insanely noisy. I also removed all the fan filters from the front of the case, I wasn't a fan of how they looked, and I vacuum every day or tw

a little rechargeable dust blower so that isn't and issue. Other than that, the system is mostly set to stock settings, I haven't overclocked the CPU or GPU and don't really see a need to. I added a couple of cheap RGB strips so it glows the same purple that I set all the lights in my office to. Overall I think it's a pretty clean looking system and I'm happy with how it performs.

I'll throw the STL's for the cable covers up on Thingiverse, just keep in mind that you'll likely have to tweak them to fit your case/card properly.

24 Pin Cover- PC 24 Pin Cable Cover by NeverNotExhausted - Thingiverse

Graphics Card Cable Cover/Support- Graphics Card Cable Hider / Support Bracket by NeverNotExhausted - Thingiverse (I had to run this over a sander to shorten it as it was hitting the motherboard, so if you print this then make sure to measure the clearance from your Graphics Card to the motherboard to avoid this)

8 Pin MoBo Cover- 8-Pin Motherboard Cable Cover by NeverNotExhausted - Thingiverse

image.thumb.jpeg.ef32ed490e4266896cf0c1ff633133d9.jpego and have

9 minutes ago, NeverNotExhausted said:

Yo,

So I put this rig together a couple of months ago, but recently I brought a 3D printer and my first thought was "lets cover up all the cables in my rig". So I currently have cable covers over the 24 pin, 8 pin, and 2x 8 pin GPU cables, there's also a cover for the cutout in the bottom shroud for front AIO's. I'm going to have another stab at the graphics card cover as it is also acting as an anti-sag brace for the gpu and the weight of the card has made it flex enough that you can see the two individual parts of the cover and the gap between them. But for now I think it's a big improvement over the stock braided cables. I'm also going to print a small cover for the front USB 3.0 header as it's the only cable that's easily viewable from where I sit at my desk.

Specs-

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5700x

RAM- 64gb Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz

MoBo- MSI B550m Pro-VDH WiFi

SSD- 2TB T-Create Classic PCIe Gen4

SSD2- 2TB PNY M280CS PCIe Gen3

HHD- 8TB Seagate BarraCuda

GPU- AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX reference card

Cooler- Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE

Case- Deepcool CH370

I put 120mm Silverstone Air Penetrators in the front and rear of the case, and 140mm Silverstone VS140B's in the top. All the case fans are run off a single hub to keep them as quiet as possible, I had them hooked to the same output as the CPU cooler but they were insanely noisy. I also removed all the fan filters from the front of the case, I wasn't a fan of how they looked, and I vacuum every day or tw

a little rechargeable dust blower so that isn't and issue. Other than that, the system is mostly set to stock settings, I haven't overclocked the CPU or GPU and don't really see a need to. I added a couple of cheap RGB strips so it glows the same purple that I set all the lights in my office to. Overall I think it's a pretty clean looking system and I'm happy with how it performs.

I'll throw the STL's for the cable covers up on Thingiverse, just keep in mind that you'll likely have to tweak them to fit your case/card properly.

24 Pin Cover- PC 24 Pin Cable Cover by NeverNotExhausted - Thingiverse

Graphics Card Cable Cover/Support- Graphics Card Cable Hider / Support Bracket by NeverNotExhausted - Thingiverse (I had to run this over a sander to shorten it as it was hitting the motherboard, so if you print this then make sure to measure the clearance from your Graphics Card to the motherboard to avoid this)

8 Pin MoBo Cover- 8-Pin Motherboard Cable Cover by NeverNotExhausted - Thingiverse

o and have

Looking good, I like it. Might borrow the Idea and make my own. The only issue I can think of is that they might block airflow just a little bit in certain areas. 🙂 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Looking good, I like it. Might borrow the Idea and make my own. The only issue I can think of is that they might block airflow just a little bit in certain areas. 🙂 

I did think of this too. The cover for the Graphics Card is about 58mm wide and 20mm tall in the area's where it would block off airflow. So far I haven't seen a difference in temps while gaming. So I assume a lot of the air into the GPU is being pulled from under the power supply shroud. This was also why I made the cover for the radiator cutout at the front of the case, I thought that guiding the airflow down under there the GPU cable cover is blocking air might help.

The 24 Pin cover is quite tall too, the cables for my PSU are quite stiff so I had to make it 70mm tall, So I was worried that it might affect the temps on the RAM. But they also haven't been affected much, So I assume the top fans are channeling air through them well enough. I also only run all my case fans at 30 percent, so I can always turn them up if it's an issue down the line

I also thought of running the cable over the top or side of the GPU, But the idea of having a support bracket and cable guide in one piece was more appealing to me. Running the cover to the right of the Graphics Card would help with airflow and then you could use a separate support to prop the card up? Or if you mount it well enough to the motherboard tray you could maybe prop it up from the side in one piece?

9 minutes ago, NeverNotExhausted said:

I did think of this too. The cover for the Graphics Card is about 58mm wide and 20mm tall in the area's where it would block off airflow. So far I haven't seen a difference in temps while gaming. So I assume a lot of the air into the GPU is being pulled from under the power supply shroud. This was also why I made the cover for the radiator cutout at the front of the case, I thought that guiding the airflow down under there the GPU cable cover is blocking air might help.

The 24 Pin cover is quite tall too, the cables for my PSU are quite stiff so I had to make it 70mm tall, So I was worried that it might affect the temps on the RAM. But they also haven't been affected much, So I assume the top fans are channeling air through them well enough. I also only run all my case fans at 30 percent, so I can always turn them up if it's an issue down the line

I also thought of running the cable over the top or side of the GPU, But the idea of having a support bracket and cable guide in one piece was more appealing to me. Running the cover to the right of the Graphics Card would help with airflow and then you could use a separate support to prop the card up? Or if you mount it well enough to the motherboard tray you could maybe prop it up from the side in one piece?

I see, I'm more worried about VRM temp. The GPU bracket is very appealing to me, I will be trying it out because I'm tired of the support bracket for my Red Devil 7900 XT

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

I see, I'm more worried about VRM temp. The GPU bracket is very appealing to me, I will be trying it out because I'm tired of the support bracket for my Red Devil 7900 XT

Oh very true. NGL I haven't even looked at VRM temps. But I'm not worried about it because the top fans are right next to them

2 minutes ago, NeverNotExhausted said:

Oh very true. NGL I haven't even looked at VRM temps. But I'm not worried about it because the top fans are right next to them

I might test the VRM temp thing. On my build I only have a single fan in the back, but can install a top fan or two as well 🙂 

FS in Denmark/EU:

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

If you do make a GPU cover/Support, make sure you make more supports between the two halves than I do. The weight of the Graphics Card pushing down on the cover I currently have installed causes it to warp a little and it looks super obvious when the two halves don't line up.

I'm going to design a new version that has pins connecting each half to make it more sturdy

Just now, NeverNotExhausted said:

If you do make a GPU cover/Support, make sure you make more supports between the two halves than I do. The weight of the Graphics Card pushing down on the cover I currently have installed causes it to warp a little and it looks super obvious when the two halves don't line up.

I'm going to design a new version that has pins connecting each half to make it more sturdy

Thank you. I don't think it will be an issue as I won't be using PLA. I think I will print it in tough PETG. I will also need to remix it slightly to adjust for the thicker GPU.

FS in Denmark/EU:

8 minutes ago, NeverNotExhausted said:

Damn just checked the size of this thing, it so big lol. My little Voron 0.1 won't be able to handle such a beast of a cover. I think I will have to completely remake or print it on my much slower Ender 3 S1..

FS in Denmark/EU:

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Damn just checked the size of this thing, it so big lol. My little Voron 0.1 won't be able to handle such a beast of a cover. I think I will have to completely remake or print it on my much slower Ender 3 S1..

To be fair, the length of the design was way too big. The GPU cover I had to shave down on a belt sander to fit, It was roughly 7-9mm to long. The CPU 24 pin cover is only so big to cover other cables for fans etc. It's also 70mm tall because my power supply cables are super stiff, If I had nicer cables I reckon I could reduce it to 50mm

I reckon you could make a cable cover that's 100mm x 60mm x 55mm externally for a 24 pin cover given you have cables flexible enough

12 minutes ago, NeverNotExhausted said:

To be fair, the length of the design was way too big. The GPU cover I had to shave down on a belt sander to fit, It was roughly 7-9mm to long. The CPU 24 pin cover is only so big to cover other cables for fans etc. It's also 70mm tall because my power supply cables are super stiff, If I had nicer cables I reckon I could reduce it to 50mm

I reckon you could make a cable cover that's 100mm x 60mm x 55mm externally for a 24 pin cover given you have cables flexible enough

I will look at it. If I come up with something useful, I might share the design/remix on thingiverse 🙂 

FS in Denmark/EU: