I'm so damn stupid that I'm stunned.

Camul

I'm used to fucking things up, I do it with almost everything. Today though, I fucked up in such a stupid way, that I have even amazed myself. I'm so shocked by it the only thing I could think to do is let you all know.

I got really bored of doing nothing all day everyday, so I decided to try out Linux. I settled on Elementary OS, burned the .ISO to my USB stick and went to install it. While installing it I clicked on the wrong thing, so I stopped the instillation and went to try again. Once my computer re-booted it tried to go back to Windows. At this point it would't boot anymore. I left it for 10 minutes, nothing. I restarted, waited for another 10 minutes, nothing again. So I restarted waited for 40 minutes and nothing still.

So I get my Windows 7 disc and try to repair the OS, but now it can't even detect that Windows is installed. So now I have no other choice but to re-install Windows. For some reason I can't install Windows over the partiton it's currently on, and the only other free partition (on another HDD) won't work because it wasn't formatted correctly. So I decided that I would just re-install it on my music partition, since I can get all of that back anyway.

Once Windows finishes installing in restarts and I noticed that my PC booted from the Windows disc. Obviously that's some sort of mistake, so I re-start my PC and boot my HDD from the BIOS, and I get an error saying Windows never installed correctly. So I try to re-install Windows and when it finishes, it restarts and boots the disc and I retart and boot the HDD again. Didn't work.

Now I'm getting angry. Did the same thing another two times, and after that didn't work I got so fucking angry I almost smashed my monitor. Luckily I have as much muscle as a stick man, so my monitor was unharmed. Now I completley delete what was my music partition and try again, but then for some reason I can't re-allocate the space in the Windows set-up.

At this point I get an idea! "If I install Linux I'll be able to re-allocate the space in that. Hell, I can just re-format the partition Windows was origionally installed on and put it on there" So I go to install Linux and accidentally errased all partitions on the HDD, so now I have absoultley nothing left! Everything I had, my games, my work, every little personal thing that I had is gone. At this point I'm crying, shaking uncontrolibly and if I had the ability to stand up I would have gone to the bathroom and ruined my 6 weeks free of cutting streak. That's how angry I was.

After I lay in bed for about 40 minutes to calm down, I went back to my PC and now Linux also never installed properly. At this point I didn't even care and just thought fuck it, so I put the Windows 7 disc back in and formatted my big empty 2TB partition and installed Windows on there. I got back into bed and watched a video on my phone and waited for it to install. When it finished it restarted and booted from the disc, but I thought "Screw it, I'll finish watching this video and then re-boot it to see if installed correctly." At this point I noticed that Windows continued installing. It just dawned on me that I had been cutting the Windows instillation sort each time without realising. Now this may be excusible if you had never installed Windows before, but I have. The last time I did it being TWO FUCKING WEEKS ago.

I lost everything because I forgot something that I should have known. I'm so fucking stupid that the thought of what I did still hasn't sunk in while I'm typing right now. Also, sorry if this is unreadable and full of spelling errors. I don't have a spellcheck on FireFox anymore.

Shit that really sucks... I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if I lost all my data...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

*hug*

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

:|

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

I did the same, but after I deleted the partitions I used TestDisk to recover them and I saved EVERYTHING

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

its-funny-cuz-u-is-stupid.jpg

:ph34r: ninja hates jokes

That odly made me feel better.

I did the same, but after I deleted the partitions I used TestDisk to recover them and I saved EVERYTHING

I didn't realise that you could save stuff after you deleted a partion. If this works I will love you. :D

Lol something like that literally just happened to me 2 weeks ago 0_0. I feel for ya man ;)

Life.exe is missing

I didn't realise that you could save stuff after you deleted a partion. If this works I will love you. :D

I've also used piriform recuva with limited success:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Keep in mind that you can't recover anything that is written over and that many SSD's clean themselves up with time. But if you put the time in with the right software I would be surprised if you truly lost everything.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Wait, CUTTING? Bro, if you're cutting then we've got bigger issues than lost data.

Yeah. That's a much more drastic issue than anything... 

Yeah. That's a much more drastic issue than anything... 

Just realized that he said if he could get up he WOULD break his 6 week cutting streak. Nice to know OP is making a positive change in his life.

Just realized that he said if he could get up he WOULD break his 6 week cutting streak. Nice to know OP is making a positive change in his life.

Oh. That's much better then. 

What. The. Fuck. 

I feel the pain.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Dude, at least keep an external copy of your data

I wouldnt dream of doing any formatting/os work on a drive that had all my precious data on

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I could not laugh at all, well the stickman part...

This would have been an aboslute disaster if it was someone else its PC.

Happend to me to, and from that day on I learned to back-up yo shiznit before doing stuff on your pc.

Group-Hug for OP

Oh lord bless this man pc so he can go onward...etc etc etc

Dude, at least keep an external copy of your data

I wouldnt dream of doing any formatting/os work on a drive that had all my precious data on

I don't have enough money to be able to buy an external HDD, otherwise I would. I just usually back it up on another partition, which I accidentally nuked. I tried using recovery software, but it kept BSOD my PC, and now I can't be arsed with it anymore, I'll just live with it. I guess it is nice to have 2.5TB of free space again though. :D

I don't have enough money to be able to buy an external HDD, otherwise I would. I just usually back it up on another partition, which I accidentally nuked. I tried using recovery software, but it kept BSOD my PC, and now I can't be arsed with it anymore, I'll just live with it. I guess it is nice to have 2.5TB of free space again though. :D

A partition is not backing up in any sense at all,  why not just buy a cheap second internal drive? you can buy a 1tb internal for about £35

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

A partition is not backing up in any sense at all,  why not just buy a cheap second internal drive? you can buy a 1tb internal for about £35

I don't have £35.

I don't have £35.

You have no source of income?

Your profile says you are 19

I am not having a go :) Just giving friendly advice, I have lost a couple of years of photos I cannot get back due to me being a dumbass I dont want people to follow in my footsteps

You have no source of income?

Your profile says you are 19

I am not having a go :) Just giving friendly advice, I have lost a couple of years of photos I cannot get back due to me being a dumbass I dont want people to follow in my footsteps

Nope, I'm poor. I had been able to get money from going to college, but I don't go there anymore, so now I have no money.