Good Gaming Keyboard?

AcidElite

I'm looking at some gaming keyboards for my new computer. The one I've been looking at is the Razer Blackwidow I think it's called. Definitely want a mechanical keyboard and my budget is $100 or less. I'll consider any suggestions, thanks in advance!

I would take a look at CM Storm Quickfire series. Very sturdy and well built. Probably the best under $100 mechanical keyboards.

I'm looking at some gaming keyboards for my new computer. The one I've been looking at is the Razer Blackwidow I think it's called. Definitely want a mechanical keyboard and my budget is $100 or less. I'll consider any suggestions, thanks in advance!

Are you in the US? What switch type do you like/want? Back-lighting? Does it need to have a keypad? Have you tried any keyswitches before? What one is your favorite? Things we need to know before we give recommendations. 

Are you in the US? What switch type do you like/want? Back-lighting? Does it need to have a keypad? Have you tried any keyswitches before? What one is your favorite? Things we need to know before we give recommendations. 

US. Switch type: Not too familiar but the best for gaming. Back lighting yes. Keypad yes. 

US. Switch type: Not too familiar but the best for gaming. Back lighting yes. Keypad yes. 

You might want to either invest the $15 for a coolermaster key switch tester or go test out some keyboards. No key is "better for gaming" it's all preference. Some will say blues as their will be no miss clicking and you can fell the actuation, some say reds since they are light and have no click.

Cooler master keyswitch tester: http://www.cmstore-usa.com/mechanical-key-switch-demo-board/

Also I do really recommend cooler master keyboards, they are build extremely well and are priced very well for really cherry MX switches, not khale or some other brand (Nothing wrong with khale switches they are just not "tested" like cherry is)

You might want to either invest the $15 for a coolermaster key switch tester or go test out some keyboards. No key is "better for gaming" it's all preference. Some will say blues as their will be no miss clicking and you can fell the actuation, some say reds since they are light and have no click.

Cooler master keyswitch tester: http://www.cmstore-usa.com/mechanical-key-switch-demo-board/

Also I do really recommend cooler master keyboards, they are build extremely well and are priced very well for really cherry MX switches, not khale or some other brand (Nothing wrong with khale switches they are just not "tested" like cherry is)

Just borrowed my friend's tester because coincidentally he had one. I really like the browns.

Just borrowed my friend's tester because coincidentally he had one. I really like the browns.

These are my recommendations on MX Brown keyboards.

The Ducky: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=262

The CM Storm: http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=89904&vpn=SGK-4011-GKCM2-US&manufacture=COOLERMASTER

This may have been said already, but the best gameing keyboard is the one that works best for your gaming needs. Anyone who tells you that the "best gaming keyboard is this one by this manufactuer with this type of key" is more or less stating their opinion.  However, some are more advantageous for gaming in general then others. 

I did see that you liked the browns, those are my favorite swtich type. I personally use a CMstorm quickfire TK with Browns. Switched up from a Razer Anansi.

I am whatever I am. 

This may have been said already, but the best gameing keyboard is the one that works best for your gaming needs. Anyone who tells you that the "best gaming keyboard is this one by this manufactuer with this type of key" is more or less stating their opinion.  However, some are more advantageous for gaming in general then others. 

I did see that you liked the browns, those are my favorite swtich type. I personally use a CMstorm quickfire TK with Browns. Switched up from a Razer Anansi.

So are Razers not that good because I really like the way that they're designed.

@91wow What about blues. I really liked those as well.

I use a Blackwidow 2013. They use MX blues. If you like backlighting and Razer's design, they're sturdy and after 1.5 year, they're in awesome shape. This isn't the cheapest blue you'll find though. And apparently Razer has new ''own-designed'' MX greens, so if you like blues the best make sure you get their keyboard accordingly.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

TKL: Quickfire TK

Normal: K70 or Quickfire Ultimate.

Key switch near personal preference, I'm a fan of MX Browns by Cherry.

I use a Blackwidow 2013. They use MX blues. If you like backlighting and Razer's design, they're sturdy and after 1.5 year, they're in awesome shape. This isn't the cheapest blue you'll find though. And apparently Razer has new ''own-designed'' MX greens, so if you like blues the best make sure you get their keyboard accordingly.

I think I'm gonna get the Blackwidow 2014 because I really like the feel and lighting even though it's pretty expensive.

Browns:

Logitech G710+

Corsair K70

Ducky Shine III

Blue:

Corsair K70

Ducky Shine III (I just got this one)

Ducky makes a lot so I didn't post all of them lol and I know the ones I've linked might be expensive but the cheapest one with backlight (IMO) is the Corsair K70 and CM Storms (which you've probably seen already). 
COMPUTER - Enermax Ostrog Gt | Asus M5A99FX R2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X 4GB | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | Crucial M500 240GB | WD Blue 1TB

NAS - NZXT H440 | Asus H97 Plus | Intel Pentium G3258 | Stock Intel Fan | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | MyDigitalSSD M.2 64GB | 4x 2TB WD Red

LAPTOP - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 | Intel i5 | 128GB SSD + 64GB MicroSD | 4GB Ram :)

@91wow What about blues. I really liked those as well.

You can still go with either of the brands I said, they make models in both key switch types.

So are Razers not that good because I really like the way that they're designed.

There is nothing at all wrong with Razers products. They started out as a gaming company and haven't really deviated from that mentality in their run so far. Before I switched my keyboard, all of my peripherals were razer, and all but my keyboard still are(Naga, Carcharias, Nostromo). It was just time I switched to a mechanical keyboard, and at the time the Quickfire TK was the best option for me. And at a sub $100 pricepoint, still is the best option in my opinion. If you are satisfied with what the Razer keyboard has to offer, go for it. You won't find anything wrong with it. 

I am whatever I am. 

There is nothing at all wrong with Razers products. They started out as a gaming company and haven't really deviated from that mentality in their run so far. Before I switched my keyboard, all of my peripherals were razer, and all but my keyboard still are(Naga, Carcharias, Nostromo). It was just time I switched to a mechanical keyboard, and at the time the Quickfire TK was the best option for me. And at a sub $100 pricepoint, still is the best option in my opinion. If you are satisfied with what the Razer keyboard has to offer, go for it. You won't find anything wrong with it. 

Ok because I feel like the premium for Razer products are worth it IMO. I like their stuff and even though their keyboards are a bit pricey, I still think that they're a great option.

Ok because I feel like the premium for Razer products are worth it IMO. I like their stuff and even though their keyboards are a bit pricey, I still think that they're a great option.

They are a fantastic option. They have that sleek sexy look coupled with robustness and build quality thats to be expected at that price point. I've had the pleasure of trying quite a few Razer products and have loved all of them. So if you like that keyboard, get it. If you do, you're gunna like the way you type. I guarantee it. 

I am whatever I am. 

They are a fantastic option. They have that sleek sexy look coupled with robustness and build quality thats to be expected at that price point. I've had the pleasure of trying quite a few Razer products and have loved all of them. So if you like that keyboard, get it. If you do, you're gunna like the way you type. I guarantee it. 

Okay definitely the Blackwidow 2014. Thanks for all the help BTW!

Okay definitely the Blackwidow 2014. Thanks for all the help BTW!

You're most welcome. 

I am whatever I am.