Having Thermal Issues in my case + Cooler for 13600K

Vampire21

My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CZfPyK

A picture for my case: PC Case Image

My temperatures after playing Witcher 3 DX12 for around 5 hours: CPU Temps , GPU Temps (Current CPU hits 90Cand GPU Hotspot hits 105C sometimes and GPU Global hits 80C)

Hello, I'm gonna upgrade my CPU to 13600K and I want to get a suitable cooler for it without needing to under-volt it or turning off Turbo Boost in BIOS. I've kept searching for multiple CPU Coolers and I came to a conclusion that these 4 are the best ones available for me:

1. DeepCool AK620
  2. DeepCool Assassin IV ( for 20 bucks more)
  3. Noctua NH-D15S (Single fan) (same price as assassin)
  4. Noctua NH-D15 (most expensive +will have to sell my current RAM and buy Corsair LPX due to insufficient RAM clearance)

P.s: I tried searching for Thermalright Peerless Assassin but it wasn't available for me. Also if you can suggest a better alternative  for these coolers or not-so-expensive AIO liquid cooler and I will look it up.

I have provided the info above about my case and temperatures to give you an idea about how hot it gets here in Egypt and that I don't currently have and Air Conditioner in my room.

My PC case is Lian Li Lancool 2 (not mesh) I added Corsair Sickleflow 3 Fan Kit but there wasn't much difference in airflow and temperatures. My current fan setup is:

In front: 3 intake ( these are the fans that were included in the case) Top: 2 Exhaust (Sickleflow rgb) Rear: 1 Exhaust (Sickleflow rgb)

I also want some tips to help me improve the airflow and temperatures in my case as they are apparently high.

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Vampire21 said:

My temperatures after playing Witcher 3 DX12 for around 5 hours: CPU Temps , GPU Temps (Current CPU hits 90Cand GPU Hotspot hits 105C sometimes and GPU Global hits 80C)

To be expected, either CPU and GPU needs very breathable case and the Lancool 2 lags behind on it compared to the mesh version.

12 minutes ago, Vampire21 said:

For premium, ive been waiting for this to drop. I would absolutely go for this one but the AK620 is good too. I wouldnt go for either Noctuas until they come out with NH-D15 v2 in 2024, and you cant even take advantage of the offset mount that Noctua has because that only benefits AMD.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

The 13600 isn't *that* hot a CPU, so any of those cooler should be fine.

I'd personally get the AK-620 if I were buying it.  

That case is restricted in the front for fresh air. Not much you can do about that aside from either modifying the case (I.e drill holes into the front panel) or getting another case that is more airflow focused. 

My choice would be ak620 for price/performance.

5 hours ago, SorryBella said:

For premium, ive been waiting for this to drop. I would absolutely go for this one but the AK620 is good too. I wouldnt go for either Noctuas until they come out with NH-D15 v2 in 2024, and you cant even take advantage of the offset mount that Noctua has because that only benefits AMD.

Yeah I also really like it and it seems that it beats the current D15 and much better look with really good RAM clearance, so I won't have to replace my RAM.

4 hours ago, tkitch said:

The 13600 isn't *that* hot a CPU, so any of those cooler should be fine.

I'd personally get the AK-620 if I were buying it.  

I saw some posts saying that the 13600K (non-OCed) hit 100C with an NH-D15 in Cinebench. I'd like to invest as much as I can (within my budget) in a cooler so I feel comfortable and I don't really like to worry about temps. If 20 or 30 bucks more would get me a better temps I would go for it.

41 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

That case is restricted in the front for fresh air. Not much you can do about that aside from either modifying the case (I.e drill holes into the front panel) or getting another case that is more airflow focused. 

My choice would be ak620 for price/performance.

Yes, I see. I didn't know mesh really matters that much when I got it. I'll try removing side panels and dust filter on top and check the difference.

I'll see if the Assassin 4 isn't worth the difference I'll go for AK620 then.

unless it's in an absolute hotbox of a case, the D15 should be more than enough to keep a 13600k at reasonable temps.

it draws a ton less power than a 13700k or 13900k (unless it was being OC'd) 

A 280 aio, if your case supports it, will likely beat the heatsinks.  

3 hours ago, Vampire21 said:

Also I found EVGA CLC 280 AIO Liquid Cooler for the same price as the D15. What do you guys think about it?

@SorryBella @tkitch @Whatisthis

Reliability first personally so id stick to the cooler, but AIO does a neck better in choked condition.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

It seems that I'll go with the Assassin IV after all. There is no big difference between its price and the AK620. If I were to get the AIO it might affect my GPU thermals as I'd have to remove the 3 front fans.I also really like the Assassin 4 design and RAM clearance as I have high profile RGB RAM of 45mm height. I'll try several fixes for my case thermal issues and if I couldn't fix it I might liquid cool my GPU with kraken G12 and kraken x63 later. Thank you all for your help.