Budget Pink Build - 5600x

zucchinigod

Hey all,

Thought I'd show the budget build I just finished today for my girlfriend. I bought some parts new and got some parts used from my old stock and a friend of mine. 

THE RIG

Case: Fractal Pop Air - Pink - ($89.99)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x - ($100 from my friend)

MoBo: Gigabyte B550m Micro- ATX Aorus Elite - ($99.99)

Cooler: ($free -stock amd air cooler) might upgrade this later depending on temps. for now it will be fine.

Storage: Crucial P3 1tb m.2 ($45.99)

Memory: Kingston Fury Beast 16gb DDR4 3200 - ($39.99)

GPU: MSI R9 390 ($free..had it laying around from an old friends pc)

PSU: Thermaltake Smart Series 500w ($39.99)

(all new products were from newegg and prices reflect when I bought them, not current prices)

Total: $415.99

I'm in Oregon, so there's no sales tax. 🙂 

Peripherals 

Keeb: TMKB GK61 60% -  ($29.99 amazon)

Mouse: Corsair Nightsword (free - had it laying around)

Monitor: Samsung Generic 1080p - (free - i got it from work)

Headset: Logitech G635 (free - its my old one from years ago) - not the one pictured, that's my arctis 7. 

A friend of mine is going to give me his old 1080ti or 2070 Super here soon that I'll be swapping in here since the r9 390 isn't the greatest anymore. 

With the dwindling costs of solid storage I'll probably grab another m.2 for her and slap it in the second slot so she'll have more storage. 

Also, the fractal pop air was a delight to build in. The micro atx really helped provide a lot of room to stick my hands in and get to all the tiny screws. It was my first Fractal case build and now i get the hype...for a sub $100 case its great. 

All in all I'm pretty pumped, for $400 this lil fella will play all the genshin impact, sims 4, TFT, and youtube her heart desires. 

IMG_8459.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

Hey, I remember you!

4 hours ago, zucchinigod said:

MoBo: Gigabyte B550m Micro- ATX Aorus Elite - ($99.99)

Ya never ended up following up with your board issue few months ago, so i guess that's your fix. Honestly that's an upgrade from the original board, that Aorus Elite should be able to handle 5800X3D with some undervolt, while on the previous one i wouldn't even bother because of power throttle issue.

And yes, still kind of tilted that I had to paint my own Pop Air.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.