Dock over ethernet for gaming?

Armymen
Go to solution Solved by Sawa Takahashi,

Linus uses a thunderbolt/optic fiber dock from Level1techs as far as I seen in the videos.

I don't know what your needs are but you can take a look at Parsec for a software solution.

Hi,

So I think my very expensive computer MSI MEG Aegis Ti5 11TD-220CA motherboard has die. Basicly symptoms are computer turn on by itself as soon as plug in randomly then turn off after 5-7 second. Then into a boot loop on and off.

Because it is a very specific motherboard, I don't think I can replace it. But maybe... not sure what kind of motherboard it is.... all I know it custom from MSI.

Anyway I'm also building a Unraid NAS. I was wondering I could transfer the Nvidia card into my unpaid and run windows and everything there. Problem is the NAS will be I. The basement. 

My question is is there some kind of dock that I could connect over ethernet to be able to games and use my NAS as a gaming PC?

I know Linus do similar with some kind of dock.

Thanks

Linus uses a thunderbolt/optic fiber dock from Level1techs as far as I seen in the videos.

I don't know what your needs are but you can take a look at Parsec for a software solution.

7 hours ago, Armymen said:

symptoms

Couldn't you just buy a motherboard that has the same socket and plug everything in, well of course you need another case and maybe PSU. 

I believe that is a cheaper solution than a Dockingstation and a fiber cable 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

1 hour ago, SamClan said:

Couldn't you just buy a motherboard that has the same socket and plug everything in, well of course you need another case and maybe PSU. 

I believe that is a cheaper solution than a Dockingstation and a fiber cable 

Yeah the problems if you Google that case it is very custom motherboard. Like my video card is on the top, so they custom made where the pci e is for the video. That why I think I won't be able to find a similar motherboard sadddd

8 hours ago, Armymen said:

Yeah the problems if you Google that case it is very custom motherboard. Like my video card is on the top, so they custom made where the pci e is for the video. That why I think I won't be able to find a similar motherboard sadddd

Just for my curiosity what cpu and ram is installed in the defect system 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.