Selling PS5 digital with games

irishbeast

I've decided to sell my PS5 as I barely use it and my PC repair bill has just got bigger (don't ask!!)

I have the digital edition and have bought at least 5 or 6 games, most costing £50-80 as well as 2 controllers and westher digitial 1TB upgrade and various other accessories (remote controller, charger rack etc)

Is there a way I can sell them to the buyer or transfer them? Ideally I would like to factory reset it when selling but maybe there is another way? Would be a bit tragic if they were just lost and someone else couldn't enjoy them, and I get a little bit back!

Only way to transfer them would be to sell/give them the account they're attached to. The license for the digital copies are tied to the PSN account. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

43 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Only way to transfer them would be to sell/give them the account they're attached to. The license for the digital copies are tied to the PSN account. 

So it is possible then? If they have a ps4 and are upgrading then I could send them to that? 

I looked on facebook marketplace and ebay to give me a guideline price for use ps5s and the prices were outrageously high. More than a new one! Pretty sure you can get just them at MSRP these days but there were loads for sale at £500-600 (lot more in dollars) which makes no sense when you can just get one from a local shop or even amazon for less? Just checked and I can get a brand new one for £500 from amazon? Confused

On 7/4/2023 at 11:11 PM, irishbeast said:

So it is possible then? If they have a ps4 and are upgrading then I could send them to that? 

I looked on facebook marketplace and ebay to give me a guideline price for use ps5s and the prices were outrageously high. More than a new one! Pretty sure you can get just them at MSRP these days but there were loads for sale at £500-600 (lot more in dollars) which makes no sense when you can just get one from a local shop or even amazon for less? Just checked and I can get a brand new one for £500 from amazon? Confused

As has already been stated, the only way you can sell the system along with the games is to give the buyer complete access to the account as they CAN'T be transferred to another account.

Also ebay and facebook marketplace is going to be littered with scalpers still trying to sell off their ill gotten gains for what little they can get in profit.

On 7/6/2023 at 4:40 PM, demonix00 said:

As has already been stated, the only way you can sell the system along with the games is to give the buyer complete access to the account as they CAN'T be transferred to another account.

Also ebay and facebook marketplace is going to be littered with scalpers still trying to sell off their ill gotten gains for what little they can get in profit.

Oh without question! I think its too risky unless is someone I know. As long as I get close to selling price I will just sell it with a factory reset

I bought a tv recently and they forgot to take their netflix account off or password protect the profile. I already have NF but could have used a completely strangers for free.  People need to be careful selling any smart devices art the moment. Marketplace have more scammers then actual genuine people now.

Other than Ebay and marketplace is there anywhere else? Just sick of getting hounded by scammers every time I try to buy or sell

20 hours ago, irishbeast said:

Oh without question! I think its too risky unless is someone I know. As long as I get close to selling price I will just sell it with a factory reset

I bought a tv recently and they forgot to take their netflix account off or password protect the profile. I already have NF but could have used a completely strangers for free.  People need to be careful selling any smart devices art the moment. Marketplace have more scammers then actual genuine people now.

Other than Ebay and marketplace is there anywhere else? Just sick of getting hounded by scammers every time I try to buy or sell

Craiglist is always an option but the odds of someone seeing your listing are much lower than years past. eBay has also raised their cut of the sale so a $500 sale is only going to net you like $400 after fees and shipping. Best bet is a forum like this one but always and I mean always use PayPal Goods and Services. The fee for that isn't near as bad as eBay and offers protection for you and the buyer. So I'd hop on Reddit or the like and find a buyer that way.