Laptop shuts off at 100% processor state.

Markoo7
Go to solution Solved by Markoo7,
1 hour ago, oofki said:

I’d actually try underclocking the CPU. It might be drawing too much power with peaks and there’s no battery to help compensate 

I disabled turbo and undervolted -107mV and it's stable. Not the best performance but runs better than it did.

I'm having a problem where my laptop shuts off when i'm using 100% processor state.

I have acer predator 17 the specs are:

32gb ram 2133MHz

gtx 970m 6gb

intel hd 530 graphics

Intel i7-6700hq - 2.60ghz

The temperatures never go above 75C. While im using 90% at processor state it doesn't shut off but I lose a lot of performance and there are many frame drops.

I don't have a battery for the laptop as it died and I got a new psu that pushes 240W. I am thinking it's the lack of battery but I am not sure. 

I was considering OC-ing the cpu as it has some headroom but I'm just not sure. 

1 hour ago, oofki said:

I’d actually try underclocking the CPU. It might be drawing too much power with peaks and there’s no battery to help compensate 

I disabled turbo and undervolted -107mV and it's stable. Not the best performance but runs better than it did.

1 hour ago, emosun said:

yeah lacking a battery will be an issue

I'll probably get an battery if i don't decide to build my own pc. Depends if i will game like i do now or if I'm going to stop.