Weird problem with my new monitor!!

PowerPCFan

Weird problem with my new monitor - ever since the day I got my Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx 27" monitor, the speakers have been having a weird issue. I've only had it for a week and ever since the day I got it, I have had this issue.

Disclaimer: I can't return it because I don't have packaging so please don't reply "Just get a new one."

So I use DisplayPort 1440P 170Hz and whenever I listen to something, the speakers sound good. But after a bit of time the speakers suddenly sound like the static from this weird earrape video I found on YouTube. (remove headphones before watching, you'll thank me later 🙂 ) Sometimes it takes 2 hours for this to happen, and sometimes it takes 5 minutes. I've tried muting and unmuting the monitor and computer audio when this happens and the only thing that fixes it is a power cycle (press off on the back of the monitor, then turn it on again.) This is a pain to do every 15 minutes or so. Does anyone have any idea of why this stupid glitch is happening? I can always pick up some creative pebbles but it's convenient to have built-in speakers.

I wish I could attach an MP3 recording of what it sounds like but whenever I try to record it with an iPad or phone, it doesn't happen, and a few minutes after I give up on recording it happens. Annoying!!

So to repeat myself, DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING?

Edited by PowerPCFan
headphone warning has been added

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

33 minutes ago, PowerPCFan said:

Weird problem with my new monitor - ever since the day I got my Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx 27" monitor, the speakers have been having a weird issue. I've only had it for a week and ever since the day I got it, I have had this issue.

Disclaimer: I can't return it because I don't have packaging so please don't reply "Just get a new one."

So I use DisplayPort 1440P 170Hz and whenever I listen to something, the speakers sound good. But after a bit of time the speakers suddenly sound like the static from this weird earrape video I found on YouTube. (remove headphones before watching, you'll thank me later 🙂 ) Sometimes it takes 2 hours for this to happen, and sometimes it takes 5 minutes. I've tried muting and unmuting the monitor and computer audio when this happens and the only thing that fixes it is a power cycle (press off on the back of the monitor, then turn it on again.) This is a pain to do every 15 minutes or so. Does anyone have any idea of why this stupid glitch is happening? I can always pick up some creative pebbles but it's convenient to have built-in speakers.

I wish I could attach an MP3 recording of what it sounds like but whenever I try to record it with an iPad or phone, it doesn't happen, and a few minutes after I give up on recording it happens. Annoying!!

So to repeat myself, DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING?

you can still RMA it and ask the vendor to send you shipping box.

EDIT: and as a lesson for you.. keep the box a few weeks until you know everything works perfect 🙂

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

you can still RMA it and ask the vendor to send you shipping box.

EDIT: and as a lesson for you.. keep the box a few weeks until you know everything works perfect 🙂

I might try that, or I can get some external speakers (that might be the easier route to take)

can I still RMA it if I ordered with amazon??

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

Ok. I was able to make a quick video, it’s attached. (I had to compress it to a low resolution in order for the LTT forum to let me upload it.)

So is RMA'ing still the best option???