After multiple blue Screens can't even install windows fresh!

Bayonett Priest

So I got multiple blue Screens at startup cause of a corrupted windows update! Wanted to install windows fresh! Have a windows USB stick but the windows installation doesnt see my 2 nvme drives! So I bought a sata SSD and tried to install windows there but the installer doesn't find the new SSD either!? Is the motherboard fried?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Are you sure your installer is good?

Have you tested the RAM with MemTestx86?

Turn off XMP/OCing.

Update BIOS

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Are you sure your installer is good?

Have you tested the RAM with MemTestx86?

Turn off XMP/OCing.

Update BIOS

I can't even access the desktop! After I start it says either preparing to repair or blue screen!

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

1 minute ago, Bayonett Priest said:

I can't even access the desktop! After I start it says either preparing to repair or blue screen!

None of that requires access to the desktop.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

None of that requires access to the desktop.

I reset the bios already! Also did a CMOS clear! Now I get the error code B6! 

I reset the bios already! Also did a CMOS clear! Now I get the error code B6! 

What does your mobo manual have to say about that error code?

And have you tested your RAM with MemTestx86?

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

What does your mobo manual have to say about that error code?

And have you tested your RAM with MemTestx86?

What's memtest? How do I do that?

What's memtest? How do I do that?

https://www.memtest86.com/

It's the Gold Standard for determining if your RAM is bad. Install (you'll need a separate computer for this) to a USB, and boot from that USB on your PC, then let the software run for ~24 hours (or so) and if your RAM is bad, it'll find it.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Also, depending on how your system is configured, you may need MemTest86+

Read this

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanager/memtest86.html

B6 is translated to English cleaning of nvram

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

https://www.memtest86.com/

It's the Gold Standard for determining if your RAM is bad. Install (you'll need a separate computer for this) to a USB, and boot from that USB on your PC, then let the software run for ~24 hours (or so) and if your RAM is bad, it'll find it.

Bad thing! I don't have a separate pc!

B6 is translated to English cleaning of nvram

Assuming the specs of the PC in question are the ones in your signature, I'd remove all but one stick of RAM and see if it boots.

Bad thing! I don't have a separate pc!

Got a friend who might? You're gonna need it to do basic troubleshooting

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Assuming the specs of the PC in question are the ones in your signature, I'd remove all but one stick of RAM and see if it boots.

Ok will try!

23 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Nope still is trying to repair endlessly! Tbh If nothing works I might wanna take out anything that still worked and get a new PC! Is it maybe my motherboard?

Nope still is trying to repair endlessly! Tbh If nothing works I might wanna take out anything that still worked and get a new PC! Is it maybe my motherboard?

Motherboards are hard to kill, unless they've been abused or are very old. I'd suspect bad RAM first.

What's the backstory on this, how did this begin?

33 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Motherboards are hard to kill, unless they've been abused or are very old. I'd suspect bad RAM first.

What's the backstory on this, how did this begin?

With a windows update! It Said shut down and update but I wanted to do it later and I just let it be on stand by! After I came back  I think I downloaded a game with 110gb that left the SSD  with only a little bit left( 1tb 970 Evo)! When I came back again the update windows was gone so I thought it installed( can't remember if I shut it down or not) Then it started crashing first blue screen and 0% collecting data when I played the new game (total war warhammer3)! It was pretty choppy!  Then I restarted it with the powebutton! Then next day the same! Ran some Viruschecks but nothing! Then the next day it crashed completely and from that on it didn't let me enter the desktop! In the repairs teen I tried to backtrack the updates! No progress! Then I think I did a dumb and pressed reset system! That didn't work so I had a Windows USB Stick so tried reinstalling windows fresh on the nvme but when I tried the installer didn't detect the SSD! That's about it I think!

13 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

nvme but when I tried the installer didn't detect the SSD

Possible the nVME drive has died.

Maybe replace that, they are pretty cheap. Get a small 120GB one just to test with...

17 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Maybe replace that, they are pretty cheap. Get a small 120GB one just to test with...

I bought a 500 gb crucial sata drive SSD to install windows but that one isnt being detected either! And besides I have a second 970 Evo 1tb the installer didn't see either! But that one is for games mainly!

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I kinda deinstall games and install them pretty often! And the 970 is over 5 years old!

21 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I bought a sata first cause I custom cooled my PC and to access the nvme drive I had to dismantle my PC halfway

23 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

I bought a 500 gb crucial sata drive SSD to install windows but that one isnt being detected either!

That's unusual, try different SATA ports, sometimes Sata ports are shared by the m.2 nVME drive.

34 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's unusual, try different SATA ports, sometimes Sata ports are shared by the m.2 nVME drive.

Tried different SATA ports! Nothing! I searched around and in the bios In the Intel rapid storage system window I can see my 2 nvme drives but if I look at the SSD/HDD section it doesn't find my new critical SATA ssd! Bios sees the nvme but not the SATA and the windows installer can't find anything!

That's very very odd. Something isn't right here. I suggest taking your system to a professional IT shop and let them fix.

40 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's very very odd. Something isn't right here. I suggest taking your system to a professional IT shop and let them fix.

You think they will work with a custom loop? Tbh I could buy a cpu cooler and rip out the custom loop!