Help me choose between ryzen 5 5600x vs ryzen 7 5700x

So...

I've got horrible decission paralysis here, and would like some help...

My system is severly bottlenecked by my ryzen 7 2700x, both compared to my rtx 3080 GPU, and when it comes to memory speed.

So, I'd like to upgrade.
I'd prefer to not have to replace my motherboard, so I'll stick with a am4 CPU.
Both the 5600 and 5700 have a TDP of 65W, wich would run cooler than the 5800x, so that kinda rules out the 5800x for me. My 2700x runs hot enough as it it with my cooler.

Also, the 5800x is a bit more expensive.
The 5600x has a higher base clock, while the 5700x has a higher core count.

I mostly use my computer for gaming and music production (mostly using reaper with not a ton of plugins, or vcv rack)  with the occasional video editing (vegas pro 15)

The cpu's are priced close enough, so that's not an issue.

I'm of the impression that a higher clock is more relevant for gaming than multiple threads? And generally, when I'm working with music, that doesn't really stress my cpu that much. 

So... Wich of those CPU's would be best for my usecase, and why? 

If you're only gaming?  The 5600x is more than enough.

For Video Editing, the extra threads are good, but it's up to you if you want to spend the extra on it or not.  

I'd say to pick either the 5600 (non-X), as you can bump the clocks with Ryzen Master, or get a 5900X for actually useful more cores to benefit video and productivity workloads.

Or if you're aiming at gaming most heavily:  The 5800x3d

If the choice is between the 5600x and 5700x, I think I would pick the 5700x. Where I live, the 5700x is only 20€ more, but it might be different for you. The lower base clock should not make a difference IMO.