Any suggestions for a good, lightweight mouse + mechanical keyboard?

Hi everyone, first time posting here sorry if this is in the wrong spot.  I'm currently using a Hexgears X-1 (the original Kickstarter one I got from a friend) + a Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless Mouse.

I want to get a new mouse & keyboard now that I'm getting more into PC gaming & was looking for advice on what brands & models are considered good in terms of comfort, value, etc.

I don't really play anything super competitive but want something that will be comfortable when playing FPS games like Halo, Apex & Destiny, as well as when playing RTS & turn-based strategy like Halo Wars, Civ, etc.

My hands are average to large size for a 5'9" man and  I can't really say what grip I use with the mouse I do have, but I know I don't hold it the way the ergonomic shape tries to encourage me to hold it. I was looking at the HyperX Pulsefire Haste since it's lightweight & I like the cutouts so my palm can breath a little while playing for a long time.  Is this considered a good mouse or is there a better value/better quality option I'm overlooking?

For keyboard, I'm looking for something a little clicky, but not as loud as my X-1, with RGB & Bluetooth + wired so I can swap it between my work machine and my gaming PC as needed.  I'm not sure, but I don't think I can swap the switches on my X-1 unfortunately.  I was looking into the world of mechanical keyboards but don't think I have the budget right now for these $150+ kits, as cool as they are.

Any suggestions or tips for where to start researching? Happy to do my own digging and decide for myself but as a total noob to this space I'm not sure what's good and what's bad or resources to get started.  Thanks so much for any tips and for reading this far!

i dont have much knowledge on the mouse but i would recommend something like razer viper mini

as for the keyboard if you are looking for clicky but quieter its almost impossible since clicky are meant to be loud, so the best one is probably going for tactile keyboard. Since you're new in the mechanical keyboard world, you don't have to go and build a high end keyboard just get something from royal kludge or keychron v series. You can mod those keyboard easily and there is a bunch of video on youtube on how to mode these keyboard

For your mouse, probably most people would say logitech g pro x superlight or the latest razer viper. But if those are too expensive for your 1st gaming mouse, like the glorious model O wireless or even the new keychron m1 wireless mouse. Steelseries prime and aerox 3 are decent as well. You can also go with the older razor vipers ultimate. For this one, I would really suggest glorious or keychron. Hyperx are decent but, I believe for your programmable buttons to work, you need ngenuity app running in the background. I hyperx keyboards and mouse. It's the same why I stop using corsair, most of their keyboards and mouse needs their icue for you to get the full functionality. 

As for keyboard, it would really depend on the switch. I don't know where you are from and how much it would be for you there. But here in asia, there's a sampler kit that is being sold. Basically it would have different types of witch for you to test which one you like best. If you can't go to a store and try it, you can by one of these sample kit. However, since you like to play fps games, or rts.  You also have to ask yourself this, how important are F keys to you? If better choose tkl, 70%,80%,compact or full. As for someone new I would suggest keychron. They have a lot of keyboards for you to choose from. If you are not from the US, go to the bottom of the page and click where to buy. It should show their local partners/website where you can buy locally. That or amazon/newegg, I guess. For keyboard, I would not suggest those name brands like corsair, hyperx steelseries, etc if the switches are not hot swappable.

15 hours ago, Nick_Knock said:

My hands are average to large size for a 5'9" man

I assume 18-19.5cm*10cm? 

15 hours ago, Nick_Knock said:

I was looking at the HyperX Pulsefire Haste since it's lightweight

Pretty good one but id consider the refresh, Pulsar X2 or Lamzu Atlantis. If you want a more famous one, Razer Viper lineup or the larger upcoming Razer Cobra is also a good shout.

13 hours ago, kitnoman said:

Steelseries prime and aerox 3 are decent as well.

In 2019 yeah but this is about as good as kick in the teeth in 2023 especially Aerox 3 because that thing is stuck in equivalent of 3366 when everyone is already in the far superior 3390 or even 3395 when its released. And all that for 70-100$, especially when Deathadder V3 exists with a far better shape? Nah, suck my cock Steelseries.

Also a no. Poor debounce algorithm and speed on stock and you need to deal with the unstable Glorious Core to change it around. Even G Hub is better maintained.

On promo its around 60-70, and a fuck ton of enthusiasts flips it on used market left and right and its barely used because it either doesn't fit them or they want a cope on the fact that they cant be in 95th percentile in Revolving Tracking with it get an upgrade.

As for someone new I would suggest keychron.

This though, solid recommendation all around. My opinion would be to avoid the initial K series. Get the 1000hz poll rate K V2.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.