PCIEX1_2 doesn't work on the ASUS B650E-F

Hello, I have a question about the PCIEX1_2 slot on the ASUS B650E-F. When I try to plug in my Elgato HD 60 pro in this slot the card does not get recognniced by the PC. I know the Elgato is fine because it works fine when I put it in the PCIEX16_2 slot, which I cannot use because it would disable the M.2_3 slot. Can someone tell me a fix or what im doing wrong?

Do you have m.2 drives plugged in on the board?

I have B650E-E and if I remember correctly from the manual, it said something about PCEx16 being limited to x8 when certain M.2 is occupied. Maybe in case of your motherboard the x1 slot gets disabled if M.2 is plugged in.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

31 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Do you have m.2 drives plugged in on the board?

I have B650E-E and if I remember correctly from the manual, it said something about PCEx16 being limited to x8 when certain M.2 is occupied. Maybe in case of your motherboard the x1 slot gets disabled if M.2 is plugged in.

I do have 2 M.2 installed in the first and third slot. The Manual says that the PCIEX16_2 disables the third M.2 Slot if it is being used hence why I cant put the Elgato there. Also I would rather not put my second M.2 in the second slot because that would be right underneath my RX 7900 XTX wich produces a ton of heat and brings the M.2 to idle temps of 65 degrees celsius. My Question is more so if the PCIEX1_2 needs to be activated in some way or something like that because it "should" work as far as I know. The Motherboard is also new (the Elgato is used but like I said it works) so I don't think its broken, at least I hope not.

• 2 months later...

have u fixed it? i have the same problem using my elgato 4k60