How to tell a cablemod cable type?

Vizzaral

I bought a 12vhpwr cable for my AX1200i from cablemod about half a year ago, and ive started having issues with my PSU the last few months, and need to replace it. The AXi was compatible with both type 3 and type 4 PCIe corsair cables, and I need to know what the Cablemod spec is, as the new HXi are only type 3. Nowhere do they list what spec it is, so hoping somebody knows from experience or a cablemod employee sees this.

https://custom.cablemod.com/bec0820f86de

The only difference between Corsair Type 3 and Type 4 is the four extra pins on the PSU side of the 24 pin on Type 4. Everything else is the same. So Type 3 and Type 4 PCIe cables are interchangeable 

:)

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

is the four extra pins on the PSU side of the 24 pin on Type 4.

+1, everything else is reusable.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

+1, everything else is reusable.

The 24 pin is also reusable, just not pretty when you do. Literally just four pins on the otherwise same connector. 

Spoiler

20190225_094545.thumb.jpg.a9ff4bc84a29e2021b94ebb2f4912760__01.jpg.33395ceba04c98c7cd5db3fe846317fb.jpg

By Jonnyguru 

:)