New Sapphire RX 6800 Pulse or Used Reference Model 6800 XT

Go to solution Solved by CyberneticTitan,

AMD reference models have non-transferrable warranty if that is important to you.

If you need to buy new, there are better options. For example $600 6800: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_558&item_id=240676

This card was once $550 and its 6800 XT variant was also $690 at one point.

I would personally go used, but perhaps with an AIB model and not reference unless you know you can rely on that person to RMA on your behalf if anything goes wrong.

Looking to upgrade and sell my 6600 XT for either a 6800 or 6800 XT (gaming at 1440p). The 6800 non XT is going for $640 CAD (670 after taxes) on Amazon compared to the 6800 XT used which is being sold for $580 CAD flat. According to the seller, the 6800 XT was only used for 4 months for his daughter playing children games such as ROBLOX. Going to ask if he still has the warranty for it, otherwise the card is quite good condition.

I'm gaming at 1440p and want to upgrade for all the new games coming this fall. As for power consumption, I have a 750 watt PSU so that shouldn't be a worry, I want to keep this card for a minimum of 2 years ideally around 3 or 4. I'm currently leaning towards the 6800 XT as I think it'll give me the most years out of it, but would like some advice and opinions. Thanks in advance.

AMD reference models have non-transferrable warranty if that is important to you.

If you need to buy new, there are better options. For example $600 6800: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_558&item_id=240676

I would personally go used, but perhaps with an AIB model and not reference unless you know you can rely on that person to RMA on your behalf if anything goes wrong.

33 minutes ago, CyberneticTitan said:

I did not know it was non-transferrable, thanks for that. I did see that 6800, but unfortunately it is out of stock. 

And I think you do make a good point about AIB models vs reference models in terms of warranty, but the local used options where I live are quite limited. The seller offered to sell it for $580 down from the $650 that it was listed at which is quite good.

9 hours ago, Shimejii said:

600$ CAD not bad for a 6800XT, i would go with that over 6800. worth the 40$ honestly. 

Sorry, the RX 6800 is brand new being sold by Amazon. The 6800 XT is being sold used through Facebook marketplace so it's going to be $90 cheaper for buying the used card. Sorry, I did not make that clear in the post