Replacing motherboard, keep R5 3600 or upgrade to i5-12600k

So replacing my motherboard for an aesthetic and case change (had a bulky corsair 200r switching to a white rgb airflow 4000d), having trouble deciding if I should keep my ryzen 5 3600 which is paired with 16gb-3200 ddr4 and a 3070 founders, or switch platforms to intel go with i5-12600k as the gaming performance looks to be a lot better, I have seen some 80-100% usage when playing warzone and emulation with rpcs3 as i play a lot of emulated NCAA 14. So leaning towards the upgrade just not sure if it's worth it, would be spending about $200 more between the B760 and processor vs the B550 (Both asus white motherboards), it also has built in USB 3.2 headers on that board where as the upgraded am4 board (B550) would need a $20 pcie card to add that. Just curious to get everyones thoughts.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, lexmark24 said:

So replacing my motherboard for an aesthetic and case change (had a bulky corsair 200r switching to a white rgb airflow 4000d), having trouble deciding if I should keep my ryzen 5 3600 which is paired with 16gb-3200 ddr4 and a 3070 founders, or switch platforms to intel go with i5-12600k as the gaming performance looks to be a lot better, I have seen some 80-100% usage when playing warzone and emulation with rpcs3 as i play a lot of emulated NCAA 14. So leaning towards the upgrade just not sure if it's worth it, would be spending about $200 more between the B760 and processor vs the B550 (Both asus white motherboards), it also has built in USB 3.2 headers on that board where as the upgraded am4 board (B550) would need a $20 pcie card to add that. Just curious to get everyones thoughts.  Thanks!

I would buy a 5800X3D and keep your current motherboard, it will give better gaming performance than the 12600k.

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I would buy a 5800X3D and keep your current motherboard, it will give better gaming performance than the 12600k.

Thanks, do you think it will hold up better over time? I was also looking at rpcs3 performance and it looked like the 12600-k did better in that vs the 5800x3d, either way i'm buying a new motherboard so a 12600k at like 204 vs the 5800x3d at 289 seems like the better buy.

43 minutes ago, lexmark24 said:

Thanks, do you think it will hold up better over time? I was also looking at rpcs3 performance and it looked like the 12600-k did better in that vs the 5800x3d, either way i'm buying a new motherboard so a 12600k at like 204 vs the 5800x3d at 289 seems like the better buy.

I forgot you wanted to change for aesthetic reasons too, putting in a 5800X3D would be the 'cheapest and best option'.   I'd say its either or with these CPU's, they are very closely matched and if the Intel one gives you better performance for you emulation games and you play that a lot then Intel would be the way to go.