What would you do?

Donut417

You work in a industrial complex multiple business. Door dash delivers order not meant for your business, what do you do?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do in this case?

• Leave food sitting outsdie of front door where door dash dropped it
    • Take food inside and wait to see if someone claims it during lunch time, if not eat it
    • Take food inside and put it in the fridge and if someone doesn't claim it by last break 3PM, then someone can eat it

So lunch time hit. And the people who go get food on lunch or sit out in their car noticed a door dash order not meant for our place of business. Our warehouse has at least 2 other business in it. Door Dash drivers fuck up all the time and cant see to deliver to the right place. Just a few weeks ago a order from Saturday was found at our Will Call door on Monday. 

So what would you guys do in that case? Bear in mind we did check the receipt to see if any contact details were on there. We did see if a place of business was listed, but nothing. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Take the food inside and instantly eat it. Depending on what the food is, if it's something tasty then no probs, but if it's some weird ass ultraprocessed vegan ration with salad ehh I'll just leave it for someone else.

It was Chick Fil A. It had a 11:45 order time on the receipt, but who knows how long it sat. The guy who ate it said it didn't seem warm anymore. What's really fucked up, is they had 2 shakes with this order. The dumb delivery driver just left it at the door and left. 

This is why I dont use any of these delivery services. The ONE time I tired door dash the driver didn't follow the instructions provided. Left my food sitting outside the will call door, lucky it was winter, so the food didn't spoil. 

16 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Bear in mind we did check the receipt to see if any contact details were on there. We did see if a place of business was listed, but nothing. 

I'd be too afraid to eat something like that.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Just now, Poinkachu said:

I'd be too afraid to eat something like that.

The assistant manager will leave meat sitting out for four hours on his desk before he eats it for lunch. He stated when he used to go camping as a kid, they would grill hot dogs on Friday and eat the hotdogs off the grill for the entirety of the trip. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The assistant manager will leave meat sitting out for four hours on his desk before he eats it for lunch. He stated when he used to go camping as a kid, they would grill hot dogs on Friday and eat the hotdogs off the grill for the entirety of the trip. 

No I mean, I'd be too afraid to eat something that is unclear.

I mean if a delivery courier comes to my house bringing food that I did not order, I wouldn't know whether the food is safe or not, or whether the delivery courier is a real delivery courier or not.

But yeah, that may be because the country I'm living in is not a first world country.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

No I mean, I'd be too afraid to eat something that is unclear.

I mean if a delivery courier comes to my house bringing food that I did not order, I wouldn't know whether the food is safe or not, or whether the delivery courier is a real delivery courier or not.

But yeah, that may be because the country I'm living in is not a first world country.

It was in a sealed Chick Fi A bag. Taped shut. With a receipt on it. Now if it was a random brown paper bag, or it was just left open for the world to see, I probably wouldn't have touched it. Most restaurants tap or staple the bags shut.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

It was in a sealed Chick Fi A bag. Taped shut. With a receipt on it. Now if it was a random brown paper bag, or it was just left open for the world to see, I probably wouldn't have touched it. Most restaurants tap or staple the bags shut.

Me, knowing my country, still won't.

Refresh before you reply