? bios update info & mobo - Asus PROB550M-C/CSM Pro B550mc Csm Amd Am4

Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
39 minutes ago, johnny45 said:

so thats a yes

You might need to downgrade the BIOS as AMD starts to remove G series CPU support off BIOS microcode to fix bugs, but yes it should work generally.

can anyone confirm if this mobo Asus PROB550M-C/CSM Pro B550mc Csm Amd Am4

comes with bios ver 1401 an is ready for a 3900x ? an a AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600G iv got two builds planed for this mobo

one build is to be this spec https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DEADFRED55/saved/6HVZQ7

an i now the 5700g is some what better but the 4600g is the one i want as im buying

all the parts in chunks an my monthly budget is 300$ including sh&tx

build 1 is a truenas core / pop-os vm / media server / blu-ray rip'in rig

& rig 2 is with the 3900x is https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DEADFRED55/saved/C72ZQ7

or do i need an older cpu to do update if so what kind do i need ?

an is this ram compatible samsung-16gb-ddr4-pc25600  an good i want to run 4 of them on the 1st & 2nd board  ?

an which is the correct ram compatibly spec this for the 4600g https://cpu-benchmark.org/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-4600g/

or https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CNVmP6/amd-ryzen-5-4600g-37-ghz-6-core-processor-100-100000147box

as id like to run on the first rig a full 64 of of ecc ram if i can

All 5 series boards with the exception of the x570 were made after ryzen 2 came out so yes.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

so thats a yes to bios ver 1401 an is ready for a 3900x ? an a AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600G right ?

39 minutes ago, johnny45 said:

so thats a yes

You might need to downgrade the BIOS as AMD starts to remove G series CPU support off BIOS microcode to fix bugs, but yes it should work generally.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

18 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

There will be too many problems with that.  AMD’s only method of changing their systems as new games come out that aren’t tested on their hardware is to release bios updates.  As a result AMD does multiple times as many bios updates as intel does.  (And why one has to keep the bios on AMD systems up to date.  It’s not nearly as important with intel.) They will need to keep doing so.  Having to downgrade bios basically takes you out of that loop so old systems will start to have problems which in turn will cause problems for AMD, so it’s not in their best interest.  They MAY, at least for a while, produce separated updates for older systems until the stuff is too slow to play the new stuff anyway.  This may be what you are talking about. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.