Offroad S21 5g Selfie Stick

Mike Soda

So I've recently started recording some offroading in my 2000 Dakota 4x4. The phone mount I got works fine inside but when I'm riding with someone else I need a super gripy selfie stick. I know gimbals are an option but most are too short. I'm looking for something like a RAM Mount with white knuckle grip but a 1-2 ft heavy duty pole. Doesn't need to be extendable, only makes it weaker. I've been checking for hours but so far only found garbage. I use a otterbox defender case so it needs to go around that too. I'd get a gopro but they ain't $100 anymore lol.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

1 hour ago, Mike Soda said:

So I've recently started recording some offroading in my 2000 Dakota 4x4. The phone mount I got works fine inside but when I'm riding with someone else I need a super gripy selfie stick. I know gimbals are an option but most are too short. I'm looking for something like a RAM Mount with white knuckle grip but a 1-2 ft heavy duty pole. Doesn't need to be extendable, only makes it weaker. I've been checking for hours but so far only found garbage. I use a otterbox defender case so it needs to go around that too. I'd get a gopro but they ain't $100 anymore lol.

Buy a phone mount, preferably a cheap one but with good grip on the phone.

Buy a steel pipe

Buy epoxy glue

Buy a badminton/tennis handle strap

Piece them all together

edit : Buy remote shutter button.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

24 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Buy a phone mount, preferably a cheap one but with good grip on the phone.

Buy a steel pipe

Buy epoxy glue

Buy a badminton/tennis handle strap

Piece them all together

How about including a drawing or pic of what the final product is supposed to look like so the builder has an idea of what he is doing?  Just an  idea, IMHO.  I tried to come up with an idea but just couldn't come up with anything.

Take care and good luck.

27 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

How about including a drawing or pic of what the final product is supposed to look like so the builder has an idea of what he is doing?  Just an  idea, IMHO.  I tried to come up with an idea but just couldn't come up with anything.

Take care and good luck.

Too lazy to draw something right now.

Basically just design it the way selfie stick is designed.
- Strap the phone mounting to one end of steel pipe, use epoxy glue for increased strength.

= Simplest way I can think of right now to make it look like selfie stick as much as possible is to just buy a cheap selfie stick then transfer either the whole phone mount part or everything aside the extendable stick to the pipe. Or the mount system that OP linked will do fine too I surmise

- Cover the other end of the pipe with tennis racket strap for better hand grip.

- You'll need a remote shutter button. (don't need to buy if you re-use the shutter on the dismantled selfie stick)

Done.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Too lazy to draw something right now.

Basically just design it the way selfie stick is designed.
- Strap the phone mounting to one end of steel pipe, use epoxy glue for increased strength.

= Simplest way I can think of right now to make it look like selfie stick as much as possible is to just buy a cheap selfie stick then transfer either the whole phone mount part or everything aside the extendable stick to the pipe. Or the mount system that OP linked will do fine too I surmise

- Cover the other end of the pipe with tennis racket strap for better hand grip.

- You'll need a remote shutter button. (don't need to buy if you re-use the shutter on the dismantled selfie stick)

Done.

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I'm too old to figure it out for myself.  I did a google search on "selfie stick" to get an idea of what it was.  Thanks anyways.

Take care and good luck.