Unable to Update or Flash Firmware on ZTE ZXHN F670L Router - ISP Lock Issue

Samsapi0l65

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a frustrating issue with my ZTE ZXHN F670L router, and I hope someone can help me find a solution. Recently, my ISP, Netplus Broadband (based in India), pushed a firmware update for my router. However, after the update, I discovered that my router's firmware was locked by the ISP, and now I'm unable to update or flash the new firmware manually.

Here are some details about my setup:

Router Model: ZTE ZXHN F670L

ISP: Netplus Broadband (based in India)

Prior to the firmware update, I was able to manually flash new firmware versions on my router without any problems. However, it seems that the latest update from the ISP has introduced this issue where I'm now locked out from performing any firmware updates or modifications.

I have attempted to contact the ISP's technical support, but so far, they have been unable to provide a satisfactory solution. They claim that the locked firmware is necessary for maintaining compatibility and stability with their network, but I would still like to explore my options and see if there's any way to regain control over my router's firmware.

If anyone has experienced a similar situation or has any insights on how to bypass the ISP lock or find a workaround, I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm open to any suggestions or alternative methods to update or modify the firmware on my ZTE ZXHN F670L router.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

This brings the question, do you OWN the modem? Because sounds like you dont and in that case we cant help you out. In any case, just use the ISP modem in bridge mode and use whatever router you want.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I own the router. after the installation from my isp, they rolled the new firmware v9 that locked administrator settings. now the settings of power-user are not available to me some of the settings are firmware update, Mac address filtering, SSID editing 

30 minutes ago, Levent said:

This brings the question, do you OWN the modem? Because sounds like you dont and in that case we cant help you out. In any case, just use the ISP modem in bridge mode and use whatever router you want.

I have tried the TELNET and TFTP flash, but both ports are filtered by the isp and I am not able to establish the connection.

47 minutes ago, Samsapi0l65 said:

I own the router. after the installation from my isp, they rolled the new firmware v9 that locked administrator settings. now the settings of power-user are not available to me some of the settings are firmware update, Mac address filtering, SSID editing 

As in you paid for the router at a store and installed it yourself? Or are you renting it from them since they terminated their connection in your house with it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 11:10 AM, Samsapi0l65 said:

ZTE ZXHN F670L router,

This is not a router. It's a Gateway. It's an ONT and Router Combo. The ONT half is what would take the place of a modem for a Fiber connection. I know in the case of Docsis Coax based Internet modems even customer owned can only be updated by the ISP. This is why I choose to use a separate modem and router on my Coax based internet. 

On 6/11/2023 at 11:42 AM, Samsapi0l65 said:

ocked administrator settings. now the settings of power-user are not available to me some of the settings are firmware update, Mac address filtering, SSID editing 

This is why ISP's generally use gateways if they are renting devices out to customers. Most people are knowledgeable enough in networking to set things up, so the ISP can backdoor in to the device and set it up for their customers. People like us who have the knowledge have to figure out ways around the BS. Likely the only way around this would be seeing if they can put the device in Bridge mode or IP pass thru mode which kills the router half of the device. Then you would need a plain Jane router. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 8:40 PM, Samsapi0l65 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a frustrating issue with my ZTE ZXHN F670L router, and I hope someone can help me find a solution. Recently, my ISP, Netplus Broadband (based in India), pushed a firmware update for my router. However, after the update, I discovered that my router's firmware was locked by the ISP, and now I'm unable to update or flash the new firmware manually.

Here are some details about my setup:

Router Model: ZTE ZXHN F670L

ISP: Netplus Broadband (based in India)

Prior to the firmware update, I was able to manually flash new firmware versions on my router without any problems. However, it seems that the latest update from the ISP has introduced this issue where I'm now locked out from performing any firmware updates or modifications.

I have attempted to contact the ISP's technical support, but so far, they have been unable to provide a satisfactory solution. They claim that the locked firmware is necessary for maintaining compatibility and stability with their network, but I would still like to explore my options and see if there's any way to regain control over my router's firmware.

If anyone has experienced a similar situation or has any insights on how to bypass the ISP lock or find a workaround, I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm open to any suggestions or alternative methods to update or modify the firmware on my ZTE ZXHN F670L router.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

How did you managed to upgrade the firmware manually?