D.O.C.P almost ruined my pc and I need help figuring out why.

I just installed 2x Corsair Vengeance ddr5 modules (6400Mhz) on a X670E Tuf, and when i enabled D.O.C.P at first it seemed stable.

When i tried ""gaming"" on Bloons TD 6 the game completely froze, and i was forced to hold the power button.

When i booted up the pc again, it wasn't long before it froze again and GAVE ME A BLUE SCREEN so fast I couldn't even read before it rebooted itself.

Then there was no display output and the boot debug led was on.

So i tried reseating the ram, clearing the cmos battery, and changing the nvme slot on which i put my windows install.

Only then it worked, but it was a close call and i'm very afraid it will do this again.

Can someone explain this weird behavior?

My specs:

Asus TUF X670E

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6400Mhz

Ryzen 7800X3D

Masterwatt 750

RTX 2070

If I recall correctly Ryzen 7000 series tops out at around 6200MHz for DDR5 memory, so the fact that DOCP tries to run 6400MHz may be the culprit. I would try manually running at 6200MHz. This is a part of the silicon lottery, some integrated memory controllers can run 6400, some cannot. Anything beyond 4800MHz is overclocking in theory, so that's about it - there's no guarantee the RAM will work at the rated speed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

5 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

6400Mhz

AM5 can only hit 6000C30 for the most part especially without EXPO. On X3D its even harder and i see 5600C30/28 being better in stability for those CPU. Run it manually at 6200/6000 as @Morgan MLGman suggests, but id just return it for a 6000C30 kit with EXPO profile inside, itll be cheaper than your RGB corsair kit most likely.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

AM5 can only hit 6000C30 for the most part especially without EXPO. On X3D its even harder and i see 5600C30/28 being better in stability for those CPU. Run it manually at 6200/6000 as @Morgan MLGman suggests, but id just return it for a 6000C30 kit with EXPO profile inside, itll be cheaper than your RGB corsair kit most likely.

Enable expo then adjust frequancy so all the sun timings get tightened tho not just 6200 frequancy j dec timings 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

update: even after disabling docp, every time i boot my pc it has a 50% of no video output.