recommend mechanical keyboard with hot swap switches

silk186

I'm currently using a Durgod Hades 68 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Gateron Brown switches. My 'I' key has issues where it often fails to register with the first keystroke. I'm in Beijing so I will try to find a shop that can fix it but it would be nicer if I can just pop in a new switch. I've gone through a number of cheap mechanical keyboards. I've even bought several at once to try out different switches and layouts. I really like the 75% and love the weight and feel of the Aluminium Chassis. 

I'm looking for recommendations 75%, Aluminium Chassis, swappable, RGB ... preferably something pre-assebled with all the lube and everything else done for me. I'm buying in China.

Any recommendations for something of equal or greater quality. 

Also, recommendations for a quality lnear switch. Are the Holy Panda or Halo Trues considered the best?

Durgod Hades 68 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

718sLDVNdxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Gigabyte Aorus 15G :: i7-10870H CPU :: 3080 :: DDR4 3200 2x16GB :: 1TB + 2TB SSD :: Gigabyte M32Q :: Edifier MR4

I am a big fan of Keychron keyboards: https://www.keychron.com/collections/all-keyboards

They have several model variations for all size keyboards, optional white/rgb backlight, optional aluminum frame and optional hotswap switches.

The one thing I'd warn about though it that their switches are not the most well lubbed from the factory, but they aren't bad.

EDIT: I own several Keychron boards, but right now I am daily driving a K7 with RGB and hot-swappable switches.

11 hours ago, Aaron_T said:

I am a big fan of Keychron keyboards: https://www.keychron.com/collections/all-keyboards

They have several model variations for all size keyboards, optional white/rgb backlight, optional aluminum frame and optional hotswap switches.

The one thing I'd warn about though it that their switches are not the most well lubbed from the factory, but they aren't bad.

EDIT: I own several Keychron boards, but right now I am daily driving a K7 with RGB and hot-swappable switches.

I took a look and didn't find a suitable 75% hot-swappable, The Keychron K2 (Hot-swappable) is ok, but the cable comes out the side which would get in the way.

The Keychron Q1 QMK Custom is not bad but no RGB.

Gigabyte Aorus 15G :: i7-10870H CPU :: 3080 :: DDR4 3200 2x16GB :: 1TB + 2TB SSD :: Gigabyte M32Q :: Edifier MR4

27 minutes ago, silk186 said:

The Keychron Q1 QMK Custom is not bad but no RGB.

It does have per switch RGB. 

12 hours ago, silk186 said:

Also, recommendations for a quality lnear switch. Are the Holy Panda or Halo Trues considered the best?

Those are tactile switches. It's not about what's "best", but personal preference. Gazzew LT could be worth checking out. 

:)

drop.com has a small selection with aluminum case.

There is approximately a 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply