I brought XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT but it has Strang box is this GPU counterfeit?

Mahdi87
17 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

so do you think the serial number is fake? I subjected the GPU to the stress test three times in 20 loops and the result was the same as in the screenshot. if it was used, the result should be lower.

is the purchase date really important?

The puchase date has to be somewhat close to the date marked in XFXs Database. So maybe the shop got it from xfx and sold it sometime later to you so they do not match up.

If you really want a definitive answer you will have to contact XFX-Customer-Support 

14 minutes ago, Angusticlavii said:

The puchase date has to be somewhat close to the date marked in XFXs Database. So maybe the shop got it from xfx and sold it sometime later to you so they do not match up.

If you really want a definitive answer you will have to contact XFX-Customer-Support 

I can't unfortunately, as you can see in this screenshot. I think I have to register my product which is not possible (it seems some people had this issue with weird s/n too and getting this message)

4.jpg

8 minutes ago, Angusticlavii said:

this really sucks

maybe you can get in contact via phone https://www.xfxforce.com/support/contact-us

otherwise you might have to contact the seller or try to reach xfx on the social networks like twitter etc.

the link sends me back to my account in the screenshot.

where is this s/n came from, I mean the GPU seems legit, it works fine whether in-game or under stress.

do you think this GPU is real XFX Speedster MERC319 RX 6900 XT BLACK?

is there software that gives you real information about the GPU with 100% certainty (sorry for my English)

39 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

the link sends me back to my account in the screenshot.

where is this s/n came from, I mean the GPU seems legit, it works fine whether in-game or under stress.

do you think this GPU is real XFX Speedster MERC319 RX 6900 XT BLACK?

is there software that gives you real information about the GPU with 100% certainty (sorry for my English)

GPU-Z + Benchmark does confirm its a Real Card 

You cant register it because either:

someone already registerd it = used card

The seller you got it from got it last year so the purchase Date does not match the one in XFX database

I would not worry too much… its a real card for sure but it might not be brand new 

20 minutes ago, Angusticlavii said:

GPU-Z + Benchmark does confirm its a Real Card 

You cant register it because either:

someone already registerd it = used card

The seller you got it from got it last year so the purchase Date does not match the one in XFX database

I would not worry too much… its a real card for sure but it might not be brand new 

in fact, the seller (it's not a random person, he is in customer service at the company that sells this kind of pc part at a cheap price) told me that the GPU only has 4 months left on the warranty, and if anything in these 4 months happened he send it back to the company (although there was nothing in the box(no cable or peel on the GPU) only the GPU itself.

this GPU cost around 25% less than a new one, with this performance and condition, do you think it was a good deal?

On 6/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, Angusticlavii said:

I would say thats a fair deal

thank you for the reply, still don't understand that weird serial number. so do you think because there are only for 4 months remaining of the guarantee (based on what the seller told me, which I'm not sure about it) I get that message from XFX site and the serial number doesn't show up?

I looked up the barcode on the box and got this message:

"UPC 7*********** can be purchased from these online stores:" but When I went to the online stores (one of which was bestbuy.com), under the name of the GPU was this message "This item is no longer available in new condition," so I think it might be an open box GPU.

Something is missing on my GPU serial number tag? Is this done by XFX or someone else?

1686316657326.png

Sorry, what do you think is missing exactly? This includes what looks like a product code and your serial number. I believe that is all ASUS includes on their cards.

8 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Sorry, what do you think is missing exactly? This includes what looks like a product code and your serial number. I believe that is all ASUS includes on their cards.

Under the name of the gpu (RX6900XT 16G D6 should be something)I posted the photo of serial number tag (I don't know the exact name)

1 minute ago, Mahdi87 said:

I posted the photo of serial number tag (I don't know the exact name)

I know, but your question was that something was missing on the card:

35 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

Something is missing on my GPU serial number tag?

What else were you expecting to be there?

6 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I know, but your question was that something was missing on the card:

What else were you expecting to be there?

I look at othere XFX rx 6900xt, there was some serial or part number (I couldn't see it exactly, but there some serial number for sure which mine don't have it)

Just now, Mahdi87 said:

I look at othere XFX rx 6900xt, there was some serial or part number (I cudent see it exactly, but there some serial number for sure which mine don't have it)

Your Serial Number (SN) is in the picture; it has even been censored. The barcode is a scannable version of your serial number. "RX-69XTAC VD.1" is the part number.

9 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Your Serial Number (SN) is in the picture; it has even been censored. The barcode is a scannable version of your serial number. "RX-69XTAC VD.1" is the part number.

Look I don't know if you saw XFX GPU, specially this kind, because i saw under the name of gpu there was something from some pictures of this xfx GPUs (which I am not sure what exactly ) not to mention that the serial number doesn't come up in xfx site

So i don't know if this serial number is faked or not? 

57 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

Something is missing on my GPU serial number tag? Is this done by XFX or someone else?

1686316657326.png

If you are that unsure, may as well ask XFX directly

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

5 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

Look I don't know if you saw XFX GPU, specially this kind, because i saw under the name of gpu there was something from some pictures of this xfx GPUs (which I am not sure what exactly ) not to mention that the serial number doesn't come up in xfx site

So i don't know if this serial number is faked or not? 

Where are you searching for your serial number? That shouldn't give you any results because it is unique to your graphics card. Have you attempted to warranty your card at all?

3 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Where are you searching for your serial number? That shouldn't give you any results because it is unique to your graphics card. Have you attempted to warranty your card at all?

He probably meant part number & whatever else usually on that type of label.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

If you are that unsure, may as well ask XFX directly

I can't take ticket because the xfx don't accept my serial number and give me this message: 

Shipment barcode is not exist.

Just now, Mahdi87 said:

I can't take ticket because the xfx don't accept my serial number 

Then IMHO, return the GPU to where it came from.

Refresh before you reply

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Then IMHO, return the GPU to where it came from.

I can't unfortunately I only had one day for test, the GPU is working good without problems

I just wonder if this serial number is counterfeited?

Just now, Mahdi87 said:

I can't unfortunately I only had one day for test, the GPU is working good without problems

I just wonder if this serial number is counterfeited?

if the card is identified and functions correctly as a 6900 then does it matter what the serial number is?

Just now, emosun said:

if the card is identified and functions correctly as a 6900 then does it matter what the serial number is?

The thing is that the seller, dispit all evidence, insisted that the GPU is not used and srill have four months left of warranty (i buy it at 25% off) so i wonder if the s/n is counterfeited or not?

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

It's not a good idea.

Counterfeit cards are usually built with less-than-optimal components. Shitty components and typically poor cooling performance can lead to the premature death of the card. If that happens, OP is screwed, as the manufacturer won't support them.

The card might identify as a 6900XT, but that can be faked, so there is a chance it's an entirely different card. Additionally, it might become impossible to update the drivers for the card.

@Mahdi87 I would return the card, if possible.

4 minutes ago, Ominous said:

It's not a good idea.

Counterfeit cards are usually built with less-than-optimal components. Shitty components and typically poor cooling performance can lead to the premature death of the card. If that happens, OP is screwed, as the manufacturer won't support them.

The card might identify as a 6900XT, but that can be faked, so there is a chance it's an entirely different card. Additionally, it might become impossible to update the drivers for the card.

@Mahdi87 I would return the card, if possible

Well i put it at 3d mark speed run test for 20 loop and get 4136 scores.

Install amd driver whiteout any problems and even overcolced run the stress test again and still no issues.

How could I know if this GPU is counterfeited?