I’m freaking out

VenomousWaste
Go to solution Solved by hatedestruction,
5 hours ago, VenomousWaste said:

My bios is extremely not up to date my current version is 0421 when the current Asus version is 1600.

Does your board support BIOS flashback? If so, you can use it to update the BIOS without even booting the system into UEFI menus. Asus likely has a web page explaining exactly how to do this using a USB storage device. Let me know if you need me to find that web page, but search will likely yield results.

Hello, I’ve recently had some problems with my ram where I have some blue screens and some driver crashes. I’ve used the diagnostic tool and it says that there are hardware issues. I’ve also run the diagnostic with one ram in at a time, I have duel channel. When I run it it says everything is ok. Now the pc won’t boot and the dram light is on in the mobo. I don’t know what to do.

1 minute ago, VenomousWaste said:

Hello, I’ve recently had some problems with my ram where I have some blue screens and some driver crashes. I’ve used the diagnostic tool and it says that there are hardware issues. I’ve also run the diagnostic with one ram in at a time, I have duel channel. When I run it it says everything is ok. Now the pc won’t boot and the vram light is on in the mobo. I don’t know what to do.

Give us all the specs of your system please. As thorough as possible

This is extremely vague. How did you confirm RAM is the problem? Did you run diagnostics with both sticks installed? What diagnostic tool did you use? What are your system specs? No one can lookup any info specific to your system like what error lights are with zero info on parts. Blue screens give you error codes. What are those codes? They usually hint at what is the problem. This randomly started happening without any recent hardware changes?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

11 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Give us all the specs of your system please. As thorough as possible

Alright I’m running a Ryzen 5 7600x with a rx 6650 xt oc and Kingston fury ram 2 by 16 gb ddr5 6000. My mobo is a Asus b650 

11 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

This is extremely vague. How did you confirm RAM is the problem? Did you run diagnostics with both sticks installed? What diagnostic tool did you use? What are your system specs? No one can lookup any info specific to your system like what error lights are with zero info on parts. Blue screens give you error codes. What are those codes? They usually hint at what is the problem. This randomly started happening without any recent hardware changes?

11 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

The stop codes I’ve been getting are memory management, cache manager, and reference pointer. And yes I have run the diagnostic with both sticks in. There have been no hardware changes recently however this build is like 5 months old. And I have been using the windows memory diagnostic tool.

Maybe some drivers updated themselves? Those typically require up to date BIOS and chipset drivers to work right and those need manual updates.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

2 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Maybe some drivers updated themselves? Those typically require up to date BIOS and chipset drivers to work right and those need manual updates.

Do you know how exactly I would do that?

36 minutes ago, VenomousWaste said:

Do you know how exactly I would fix that.

And also at the moment I have no way of accessing my pc.

28 minutes ago, VenomousWaste said:

And also at the moment I have no way of accessing my uefi.

Honestly i think my best bet is to use the lifetime warranty and get new ram just to see. It can’t hurt.

18 minutes ago, VenomousWaste said:

Honestly i think my best bet is to use the lifetime warranty and get new ram just to see. It can’t hurt.

Try removing the CMOS battery for 3 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Ok trying it now

13 minutes ago, VenomousWaste said:

Ok trying it now

Nothing changed

50 minutes ago, VenomousWaste said:

Ok we booted

I don’t think the problem was solved though.

Did you try the one stick of ram test yet?  It’s based on the concept that if you’ve got bad ram only one stick is bad.  The easy and expensive solution is to get new ram, and see if that fixes it. Or you can test it first to make sure that’s actually the problem first.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Is your BIOS up to date?

Turn off XMP/DOCP and try one stick of RAM. If it crashes, move it to another slot. If that crashes, try the other stick.

If it stops crashing, add the other stick back in the other channel. If it's still stable, then turn DOCP back on. If it crashes there, turn back the speed by 1 notch to see if that helps. If not, keep DOCP off. Your memory controller is rated for up to 5200 MT/s, anything higher is considered an 'overclock' and it likely just can't handle it. I've had chips that can't take any sort of overclock at all above their rated spec (my wife's 5700G is rock stable at 3200 but anything higher just causes it to crash like crazy with everything. Have tried multiple different sets of RAM to no avail. Just the nature of the silicon lottery).

Main: 5900X | RTX 3070 | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite | 32GB DDR4-3600 | 1TB SN750 + 2TB WD SATA SSD

WinXP: Ph2 945 | GTX 750 Ti | Asus M4A79XTD-EVO | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 320GB WD HDD

DOS/Win95: 200MMX | S3 Trio64v2/DX + Diamond Monster 3D | Asus P5-99VM | 64MB PC100 | 80GB IDE HDD

Apple IIe Enh.: 65C02 | 64K RAM | 2xDisk II | SSC - Post

My bios is extremely not up to date my current version is 0421 when the current Asus version is 1600.

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Did you try the one stick of ram test yet?  It’s based on the concept that if you’ve got bad ram only one stick is bad.  The easy and expensive solution is to get new ram, and see if that fixes it. Or you can test it first to make sure that’s actually the problem first.

Yea I tried each stick by themselves and nothing really happened. However when the computer finally booted tried running the diagnostic with one stick in each and it showed no hardware proble.

Just now, VenomousWaste said:

Yea I tried each stick by themselves and nothing really happened. However when the computer finally booted tried running the diagnostic with one stick in each and it showed no hardware problems.

3 hours ago, VenomousWaste said:

Yea I tried each stick by themselves and nothing really happened. However when the computer finally booted tried running the diagnostic with one stick in each and it showed no hardware proble.

So both sticks worked but the machine was still slow.  What Os?  11 or 10?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, VenomousWaste said:

Does your board support BIOS flashback? If so, you can use it to update the BIOS without even booting the system into UEFI menus. Asus likely has a web page explaining exactly how to do this using a USB storage device. Let me know if you need me to find that web page, but search will likely yield results.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I updated bios I will say how everything goes.

7 hours ago, VenomousWaste said:

I updated bios I will say how everything goes.

So my bios update went pretty well and I haven’t had a crash today but I’m. Im 100 percent sure it’s fixed but I was able to use my pc very normally today.