I’m freaking out

VenomousWaste
Go to solution Solved by hatedestruction,
5 hours ago, VenomousWaste said:

My bios is extremely not up to date my current version is 0421 when the current Asus version is 1600.

Does your board support BIOS flashback? If so, you can use it to update the BIOS without even booting the system into UEFI menus. Asus likely has a web page explaining exactly how to do this using a USB storage device. Let me know if you need me to find that web page, but search will likely yield results.

On 6/6/2023 at 11:41 AM, VenomousWaste said:

Do you know how exactly I would do that?

If you motherboard really does need its BIOS updated, then on a different device, download the latest BIOS version, place the file on a USB, plug the USB into your motherboard, boot up your PC, enter the BIOS, and use the on-board BIOS update utility. I'd recommend looking up one of the many guides on YouTube for this. 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS-GAMING CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix EVA Edition 12GB OC Cooling: 3x Noctua NF-A14, 1x Corsair ML140 RGB Elite, 360mm EKWB EK-AIO RGB all-in-one cooler Monitors: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ (portrait 2560x1440) & ASUS ROG Strix XG349C (ultrawide 3440x1440) Peripherals: Logitech G915, G502, G733 OS: Windows 11 64-bit

8 hours ago, GamerMoment said:

If you motherboard really does need its BIOS updated, then on a different device, download the latest BIOS version, place the file on a USB, plug the USB into your motherboard, boot up your PC, enter the BIOS, and use the on-board BIOS update utility. I'd recommend looking up one of the many guides on YouTube for this. 

No yea I did it and I think it went well

7 hours ago, VenomousWaste said:

No yea I did it and I think it went well

Went well as in it solved your issue? 🙂 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS-GAMING CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix EVA Edition 12GB OC Cooling: 3x Noctua NF-A14, 1x Corsair ML140 RGB Elite, 360mm EKWB EK-AIO RGB all-in-one cooler Monitors: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ (portrait 2560x1440) & ASUS ROG Strix XG349C (ultrawide 3440x1440) Peripherals: Logitech G915, G502, G733 OS: Windows 11 64-bit

4 hours ago, GamerMoment said:

Went well as in it solved your issue? 🙂 

I think yea it’s been working perfectly the last two days.

That's great news! Some of the latest BIOS versions, especially for AM5, host some AGESA updates for the memory controllers which can be very important for your stability. I'm happy to hear that you were able to use your PC normally today!

1 hour ago, hatedestruction said:

That's great news! Some of the latest BIOS versions, especially for AM5, host some AGESA updates for the memory controllers which can be very important for your stability. I'm happy to hear that you were able to use your PC normally today!

Thank you, I was scrolling through some of the past bios updates on the Asus site and there were tons of things related to ddr5 ram that my version didn’t have which was probably the issue.

3 minutes ago, VenomousWaste said:

Thank you, I was scrolling through some of the past bios updates on the Asus site and there were tons of things related to ddr5 ram that my version didn’t have which was probably the issue.

Bios has to be kept current with AMD.  A lot of people don’t use them for testing so all they can do is ape intel and the only way they can change anything for the cpu is through bios flashes.  This is a reason I won’t buy an AMD motherboard without some sort of usb key bios flash option.  There’s always a small chance that such a thing messes up, and if it does the cpu locks.  USB key bios flashes can fix that though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.