Chrome "power saver" mode is always ON - can't turn it off

Hello there,

I noticed that power saver mode is back to annoy me. Last time (3-4 months ago) I had the same issue but managed to find some flag setting in chrome that turned the power saver mode off. The "fun" fact is that I am on a PC.

The issue: power saver mode is ON every time I open chrome. I can turn it off but only for that session. If I close chrome and reopen it, it will be back on.
image.png.4e4f9f9bace5f2696f5210763f8c1e9f.png

In chrome's performance settings there is nothing about power saving, although it should be there as far as I know.

image.thumb.png.acfee2d7b3bf4ecfc908e1b6e6c751bb.png

My windows power management is set to "balanced" but within that I have everything cranked up to the max.
I have a pretty regular pc: ryzen 5800X stock, 32 gigs of ram, 1080ti, running up to date windows 10 pro 22H2.

That's all I can say.

Please HALP!!!

Cheers

51 minutes ago, Jumurdzsak said:

Hello there,

I noticed that power saver mode is back to annoy me. Last time (3-4 months ago) I had the same issue but managed to find some flag setting in chrome that turned the power saver mode off. The "fun" fact is that I am on a PC.

The issue: power saver mode is ON every time I open chrome. I can turn it off but only for that session. If I close chrome and reopen it, it will be back on.
image.png.4e4f9f9bace5f2696f5210763f8c1e9f.png

In chrome's performance settings there is nothing about power saving, although it should be there as far as I know.

image.thumb.png.acfee2d7b3bf4ecfc908e1b6e6c751bb.png

My windows power management is set to "balanced" but within that I have everything cranked up to the max.
I have a pretty regular pc: ryzen 5800X stock, 32 gigs of ram, 1080ti, running up to date windows 10 pro 22H2.

That's all I can say.

Please HALP!!!

Cheers

Firefox.

edge,

brave. 
dolphin.

safari.

there are just too many browsers that DO work to mess about with one that doesn’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.