help 4 ddr5 ram sticks

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

Consider the XMP useless because practically speaking it will be. You can attempt to mess with some of the memory controller voltages (on ASUS they should be called IVR Transmitter voltage, IMC voltage, and System Agent voltage) as well as the PLLs to see if they do anything, but I've yet to see anyone get anything above 6800MT/s with stability testing that I trust. Aim for 6000 to start with the XMP timings, that should be possible with little to no effort, then start increasing the memory frequency until you fail Y-Cruncher VST immediately. Once you do, start messing with the memory controller voltages to see if you can get them to help, then if you can get it to work, increase frequency and repeat until nothing you do fixes it. You should max out somewhere between 6400 and 6800, and if you're really lucky 7000+ might technically be possible, though I do have my doubts.  

Hey i have currently have 4 sticks of 7600mhz gskill 16 gig ram they are 2 kits still havent got the mother board gonna build the whole pc in about 1 month waiting on the gpu running 13th gen i9 on a z790 rog maximus hero any tips for running 4 sticks and not the recommended 2? (figured it out a bit too late thought they fixed the major issues with 13th gen didnt check ik i am stupid)

9 minutes ago, void_sentinal said:

any tips for running 4 sticks

9 minutes ago, void_sentinal said:

ik i am stupid

Tragically yes. 4 Sticks are a bit better on Raptor Lake but theyre still REALLY hard to run on high speed let alone the top 7000+MHz kit.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Tragically yes. 4 Sticks are a bit better on Raptor Lake but theyre still REALLY hard to run on high speed let alone the top 7000+MHz kit.

i dont really mind running at that much of a lower speed if i can get 4000-5000 iamma be happy still pissed at myself but happy would that be possible?

Consider the XMP useless because practically speaking it will be. You can attempt to mess with some of the memory controller voltages (on ASUS they should be called IVR Transmitter voltage, IMC voltage, and System Agent voltage) as well as the PLLs to see if they do anything, but I've yet to see anyone get anything above 6800MT/s with stability testing that I trust. Aim for 6000 to start with the XMP timings, that should be possible with little to no effort, then start increasing the memory frequency until you fail Y-Cruncher VST immediately. Once you do, start messing with the memory controller voltages to see if you can get them to help, then if you can get it to work, increase frequency and repeat until nothing you do fixes it. You should max out somewhere between 6400 and 6800, and if you're really lucky 7000+ might technically be possible, though I do have my doubts.  

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

ait thx alot gonna probly not touch the voltage for now might just get it to run at 6000 and leave it at that since thats about what i would have gotten with the 64 gig kit anyway 

3 minutes ago, void_sentinal said:

ait thx alot gonna probly not touch the voltage for now might just get it to run at 6000 and leave it at that since thats about what i would have gotten with the 64 gig kit anyway 

If you're just gonna stick with 6000, then enter in some 6000 timings. 1.35V for the memory voltages, and 30-38-38-28 should just work for primary timings if you don't want to put in any effort. 

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you're just gonna stick with 6000, then enter in some 6000 timings. 1.35V for the memory voltages, and 30-38-38-28 should just work for primary timings if you don't want to put in any effort. 

ait thank

u have no idea how much this helps