XFX or PowerColor?

I'm trying to decide between two graphics cards:

PowerColor HellHound RX 7900XT

VS

XFX Speedster Merc 310 RX 7900XT

People say that the XFX has much better thermals, but that the PowerColor has much better software and is kind of the EVGA of Radeon.

If I could, I would go for a Sapphire card, but they are unavailable in my region.

Both are the same price.

I'm also going to do overclocking in MSI Afterburner.

Which of the both mentioned above should I pick?

My laptop (HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2)

Core i7-7600U (vPro) (2C; 4T), Intel HD Graphics 620, 16GB (2x8) 2133 MT/s DDR4 RAM, 512GB SATA SSD, 1080p 120hz IPS 13.3" touch Display, Windows 11 Pro (upgraded from Windows 10 Pro via registry hack)

Translation: it's trash

2 minutes ago, Floresdorf said:

I'm also going to do overclocking in MSI Afterburner.

With Radeon cards, Afterburner doesn't really offer all the options you'd want a lot of the time. You want to either use Wattman (built into the AMD driver) or MoreClockTool (3rd party implementation of Wattman with a condensed interface). 

As for PowerColor vs. XFX, having used both, I wouldn't care either way. Both cards will perform exactly like you'd want them to, the coolers are basically the same performance (going off Guru3D's review of both XTX versions of the cards, they're within 2C of each other, I'd consider that margin of error), and I'd want to avoid using either software utility if I can. I would just look for which one you think looks better and go for that. Otherwise flip a coin. 

i like xfx personally, they look inoffensive and afaik their software is meh

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

MARK THE SOLUTION AS SOLUTION

i am 14 so i may be wrong sometimes

@Bob__ is a w

If they are both the same price just get which ever one you like the design more.

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

24 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

With Radeon cards, Afterburner doesn't really offer all the options you'd want a lot of the time. You want to either use Wattman (built into the AMD driver) or MoreClockTool (3rd party implementation of Wattman with a condensed interface). 

I didn’t know about Afterburner not being able to fully overclock Radeon GPUs. Thanks for the tip!

17 minutes ago, spaghet rat said:

…and afaik their software is meh

That’s why I was in doubt.

15 minutes ago, Vonrottes said:

If they are both the same price just get which ever one you like the design more.

I think I like the XFX one more. The transparent fans on the powercolor look awful.

My laptop (HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2)

Core i7-7600U (vPro) (2C; 4T), Intel HD Graphics 620, 16GB (2x8) 2133 MT/s DDR4 RAM, 512GB SATA SSD, 1080p 120hz IPS 13.3" touch Display, Windows 11 Pro (upgraded from Windows 10 Pro via registry hack)

Translation: it's trash