Thoughts on LaserJet Printers on Surge Protector vs Higher VA UPS?

Specter FXXK

Hey guys so recently I started working from home and I recently made a big purchase of a new printer (HP Color LaserJet Pro 7301fdw) and i was reading online old articles from 2012 suggesting that you shouldn't really plug in a laserjet into a Surge Protector or a UPS, one due to the high power draw from the fuser roller inside the laserjet

technically speaking a lot has change since that post was made over a decade ago, and im curious,

I recently signed up for Zap Cap for the house I live at from our power company Teco *Tampa Electric, and they provided me with a system for the meter outside and a Panamax M8-AV Power Conditioner,

https://panamax.com/product/max-8-av-8-ac-coax-and-tel-avm-line-filtration/

rated for 1650 Joules, and the UPS in question I may or may not get will be a 

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500PFCLCD-Sinewave-Outlets-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N19W

1500VA/1000w so im pretty sure this will be more than enough for my investment if it's suitable for the peak power draw required by the laserjet.

so based on the specs of the lasejet it uses 585 watts (Active Printing), 18 watts (Ready), 0.8 watts (Sleep), 0.8 watts (HP auto-off/auto-on), 0.07 watts (auto-off/manual on),
0.07 watts (Off); Typical electricity consumption (TEC) number: 1.423 kWh/Week (Blue Angel); 0.422 kWh/Week (Energy Star 3.0)

what are your guys thoughts? get surge protector or UPS?

I'd just plug your printer into the wall outlet or surge protector, I don't see a reason to put a printer on a UPS normally. Its normally not a big problem to reprint when power comes back on.

less than 600w for the printer isn't that much so I wouldn't worry about using the surge protector, so just power stuff as your need.

Don't put a laser printer behind a UPS. Fusers take a lot of power.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

UPS is so you can save anything you are working on before PC dies when power goes out. You don't need that for printer.

Surge protector is for electronics that can be damaged if power "surges", such as a power outage and then it comes back on, or lightning hits, so you don't have fried pc, tv or pc peripherals such as monitors, printers, etc.