Need help upgrading from a 135g 2015 Razer mouse to a modern mouse

reb830

Hello!

I'm a complete mouse noob and have no idea what I'm doing. I've been using a Razer Ouroboros since 2014 and I'm noticing the excess weight is bringing down my performance in FPS games like CSGO. For example, it's hard to stop the mouse when flicking.

I have quite large hands(21x11) so I liked the Ouroboros since I could extend the mouse. However I no longer palm grip so I don't know how much I should pay attention to length.

My current grip uses the entirety of my thumb on the left side of the mouse and my ring and pinky finger down past the first knuckle on the right. The edge of the mouse palm rest fits snugly under the first pinky knuckle(MCP Joint)(on the palm side of the knuckle). Only the pads of my pointer and middle finger touch the mouse.

What mouse+mouseskate combo should I be looking to get? What mousepad works well with it? I'm aiming for wireless and a much lighter mouse (40-80g). Control is an aspect I'm looking to be emphasized

Thanks!

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-best-ultra-light-mouse-for-fps-csgo-valorant

Honestly will refer you to someone who actually looked into light weight gaming mice rather than trying to give advice based on my limited experience with mice. Personally I like heavy mice but there is clearly a market for light weight mice and this article looks at a bunch of different light weight mice so it should help you find one that would work well for you. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-best-ultra-light-mouse-for-fps-csgo-valorant

Honestly will refer you to someone who actually looked into light weight gaming mice rather than trying to give advice based on my limited experience with mice. Personally I like heavy mice but there is clearly a market for light weight mice and this article looks at a bunch of different light weight mice so it should help you find one that would work well for you. 

after looking at the article it seems like a lot of high quality mice are left out for lesser quality mice. I'm looking for a more technical explanation/help but I appreciate the help!