Sleep is broken after CPU Upgrade to Ryzen 7 2700x

Go to solution Solved by jcvb,
33 minutes ago, FireLegend said:

As you say it hangs found for 3-5s before it's rebooting, what do you mean by that I thought you put it on sleep.

The fans start spinning a little bit for a few seconds before running full tilt, eg rebooting.

I think i fixed the issue by disabling global c-states in the advanced cpu settings.

After i upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 1600 to a Ryzen 7 2700x sleep stopped working both in windows 11 and macOS (OpenCore Hackintosh), so a bug in the OS is unlikely(?)

When i try to wake the machine up, it lights up, the fans spin up, and than it hangs for 3-5s before its rebooting.

I get no errormessage in the eventviewer of windows. What can i do to troubleshoot this?

I'm out of ideas what the issue could be.

What are the odds that the cpu is faulty?

Other components:

Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Bios Version F63)

AMD RX 580

Samsung 970Evo Plus 2TB

Corsair CX550

44 minutes ago, jcvb said:

After i upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 1600 to a Ryzen 7 2700x sleep stopped working both in windows 11 and macOS (OpenCore Hackintosh), so a bug in the OS is unlikely(?)

When i try to wake the machine up, it lights up, the fans spin up, and than it hangs for 3-5s before its rebooting.

I get no errormessage in the eventviewer of windows. What can i do to troubleshoot this?

I'm out of ideas what the issue could be.

What are the odds that the cpu is faulty?

Other components:

Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Bios Version F63)

AMD RX 580

Samsung 970Evo Plus 2TB

Corsair CX550

You have exactly the same gpu and cpu combo as me. 😆

As you say it hangs found for 3-5s before it's rebooting, what do you mean by that I thought you put it on sleep. Also try pressing win + r and type tpm.msc and see if you get any errors in that if so just re apply tpm in the bios. Lastly try by updating the bios. A 2000 chip may be that the motherboard kinda needs something 'fresh'

33 minutes ago, FireLegend said:

As you say it hangs found for 3-5s before it's rebooting, what do you mean by that I thought you put it on sleep.

The fans start spinning a little bit for a few seconds before running full tilt, eg rebooting.

I think i fixed the issue by disabling global c-states in the advanced cpu settings.