HP Elitebook 845 G9 battery dying?

My wife has an HP Elitebook 845 G9 (running Windows 10) and she's having a battery/power problem. The battery indicator will say she has plenty of battery life left and then the laptop just dies and will only turn on again if you plug the power in. Any ideas what could be going wrong here?

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

is it swelling up at al?

past that, plug the laptop in and leave it on the charger for longer than two hours after it has charged to 100%. (just leave it on and charging overnight..), that's the way HP's battery logic calibrates.

if the battery is swelling, or if the above doesnt help, just order a replacement battery. replacement parts for elitebooks should be fairly easy to find, both official and aftermarket.

3 hours ago, manikyath said:

is it swelling up at al?

past that, plug the laptop in and leave it on the charger for longer than two hours after it has charged to 100%. (just leave it on and charging overnight..), that's the way HP's battery logic calibrates.

if the battery is swelling, or if the above doesnt help, just order a replacement battery. replacement parts for elitebooks should be fairly easy to find, both official and aftermarket.

I popped it open and there's no swelling. I'll do as you suggested and leave the charger in while it's on overnight and report back. Fingers crossed that fixes the issue.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy