mini HDMI to HDMI

tdkid

i am posting this here because i didnt find the info i was looking for even after searching several of the other threads like displays, home theater equipment and etc. so if someone can point me to the right section that would be helpful.

what i need help with is picking out a good mini hdmi to hdmi cable/adapter. i have found several on several sites but not sure which is a good quality, i have tried looking in stores but none seem to carry these anymore. i am not surprised as its kind of old but there are still computers and other devices still being made with a mini hdmi port.

There's no conversion happening, just different cable heads. Just grab one from Amazon and you'll have 30 days to return it for free if it stops working.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I would honestly pick the first one I found on Amazon and call it a day. I've bought loads of cheap adapters from that criteria and so far none of them have failed.

I will say, I'm not sure I've seen mini HDMI on anything sold recently. In most cases, modern stuff ships with USB-C or Thunderbolt, so lots of companies just run the display outputs through that instead since it's a more versatile port.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

22 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i am posting this here because i didnt find the info i was looking for even after searching several of the other threads like displays, home theater equipment and etc. so if someone can point me to the right section that would be helpful.

what i need help with is picking out a good mini hdmi to hdmi cable/adapter. i have found several on several sites but not sure which is a good quality, i have tried looking in stores but none seem to carry these anymore. i am not surprised as its kind of old but there are still computers and other devices still being made with a mini hdmi port.

Literally any of them

MiniHDMI is just a small HDMI connector, still the same 19 pins and wires at each end, just a funny connector at one end.  That's it. it's a cable full of wires.

Any MiniHDMI to full size HDMI cable will do the job assuming it's not outright broken.  Buy the cheapest one.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would honestly pick the first one I found on Amazon and call it a day. I've bought loads of cheap adapters from that criteria and so far none of them have failed.

I will say, I'm not sure I've seen mini HDMI on anything sold recently. In most cases, modern stuff ships with USB-C or Thunderbolt, so lots of companies just run the display outputs through that instead since it's a more versatile port.

Those portable monitors on Amazon almost all come with a mini HDMI port. The newer ones can carry video across the USB-C used to power the device.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

They're just passive cables, and I'm sure 99% of them are exactly the same under the molded plastic.

Avoid the one-piece kind that just sticks out of the port, because those just cause unnecessary leverage against the connector. Get a 6" long pigtail cable and use some of the length to anchor it as a strain relief. Better for the cable to eventually fail from mechanical fatigue than the port on your device!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 5/16/2023 at 10:29 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

yes i have too but the cheap PC i found while cleaning out an abandoned car has a mini HDMI port, not a USB c or Thunderbolt port for a 2nd display.